Wednesday, April 25, 2012

tips for driving to KW from Miami

We%26#39;re flying into Miami %26amp; driving down to KW, are there any places we should stop at? Are the directions very difficult? Any tips would be appreciated!



tips for driving to KW from Miami


Every time my husband and I drove to key west I picked up a little book which has a story about every key you drive through and read aloud to my husband as he was driving,their are alot of keys you%26#39;d be surprised.I have an extra book if you would like to have it e-mail me your home address and I will mail it (no charge)



my address dearsky@yahoo.com



tips for driving to KW from Miami


The following link may provide a little diversion during your drive: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g34345-c9313/Key-West鈥?/a>




Dearsky: would you mind posting the details here so I can hunt for the book?





Much appreciated.





:-D




I love this guide written by Pirate John and Captain Ron. Think I have it memorized by now. Over the last couple of years I have been slowly checking off the places, haven%26#39;t found a bad one yet.





buccaneerpublishing.com/FL_Keys_Adventure_Gu鈥?/a>




In Florida City the is a wonderful fruit stand called Robert Is Here. They make the most delicious shakes. The stand also has wonderful homemade ,marmalades pickled veggies, jellies and jams and a lot more. Its worth the stop alone for the shakes.







http://www.robertishere.com/stand.htm




Not only do es Robert is Here have great jellies, veggie, smoothies etc.





The fresh fruits they have are really cool. Each time we stop, I find a new fruit that I never knew existed. This last time I bought some Monsteria (sp) fruit. Looked like an ear of corn and tasted like banana and vanilla.





The people there really know their stuff, and are happy to help steer you in the right direction.




Stop at Robbie%26#39;s mile marker 77 I think on you way down to Key West it%26#39;s on your left. They have feeding of Tarpon fish for $2.50.



And nice but cheap jewelry. We did the drive in August. Do stop at roberts the fruit stand I think its in Homested. Good Shakes and fruit.



Enjoy




We were looking forward to milkshakes at Robert Is Here, but when we stopped on Sept.7th, they were closed for clean-up. I don%26#39;t remember how long they were going to be closed, but I think it was for a few weeks. We found several places were closed during the low season.





One place we stopped and loved was Keys Fisheries in Marathon. Watching the sun set over the Gulf with the marina in the foreground was glorious! The food was delicious, the atmosphere casual and fun, and the prices were reasonable. Thank you BuffetGuy for the suggestion.




I founf out that Robert is Here is closed till November 1st.




DoubleB - Glad that one of my suggestions worked out for you ;-)





Too bad for you for about Robert is Here. Cool place to hang out for a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment