Wednesday, April 25, 2012

9/14 to 9/17 trip report.

9/14 We started our Key West vacation on the mainland, by going to Billie鈥檚 Swamp tours on the Seminole Indian Reservation... And even though I have been riding in airboats my whole life we had a blast. Continued on to Key West, stopping only to pick up a few Arby鈥檚 sandwiches for the Board Meeting. The normally slow drive down the overseas highway was made even slower by the addition of 10,000 motorcycles.





After a four hour drive down the Keys we checked into the Heron House Court, can鈥檛 really say enough nice things about this place. Large clean rooms, outstanding breakfast, pool and a large hot tub.





Off to the board meeting at Turtle Kraals. The roof top bar is the best place in Key West to watch a sunset and meet new friends. Tim, Bruce, Sarah and Keylimey are some of the best people you would ever want to meet. But I found out that the chairmen of the board is about a foot tall and has feathers. The Group took the meeting to SWB where at Tim鈥檚 suggestion I ate perhaps the best sandwich I鈥檝e ever had. A blacken Maui Maui melt, YUM. I lost my wife for a short bit, but found her taking in the amazing card magic of Frank, sorry I forgot his last name, but I also forgotten how many beers I had at this point too.





9/15 Woke up early to take a long walk around Old Town. For any one who wants to see KW without its makeup this is the way to do it. I thoroughly enjoyed it, however, it鈥檚 easy to lose track of time. Dee said if I went for a walk she鈥檇 be going next time. The rest of the day was filled with a trolley tour, shopping and watching the Gators wax Tennessee at Jack Flat鈥檚. For anyone wanting to watch a game Jack鈥檚 flats is the place. We had big plans for Saturday night, but on the way back to the B%26amp;B I bought a cannonball. And after lugging it back to the room we settle for the Hot Tub and more football.





9/16 This mornings walk was through the cemetery. You could easily spend half a day or more walking around. We grab a self guided tour map and hit the highlights. The rest of the day was spent sailing and snorkeling with the Sebago crew. Thanks PJK for the hint on 2 for 1. We had a delicious dinner at Guy Harvey鈥檚 and I proceeded to do my own Duvall Crawl. Good thing I had my dedicated walker with me. With most of the bikers leaving on Sunday morning we had much smaller crowds. Good for us, maybe bad for KW, but that is why we come during the off season.





9/17 After a few more stops around town for photos we cut out about 1 for our 8+ hour drive. We pick up some tropical foliage, which has now been given a death sentence. But we鈥檒l be back again to replace them, after another fantastic trip to the Keys.





p.s. added a few pics from this trip.



9/14 to 9/17 trip report.


Sounds like a great time gator, thanks for sharing :)





And I have to second an early AM walk in Old Town.....it is just wonderfu!!



9/14 to 9/17 trip report.


Glad to hear good things about Heron House Court. I%26#39;ll be staying there in 17 days. Fill us in on the 2-1 water trip...




The chairman of the board...





http://pjk.smugmug.com/photos/157786947-M.jpg





Pjk




Oh, how I miss KW!!!



Glad to hear it was a good trip for you.





And I completely understand about temporarily losing your spouse to Frank (Everhart)!!! Seemed like my husband was gone forever, so I had to go find him and then I got sucked in too! ;)



Boy, did Frank get my husband good with the phone number card trick! Did you see that one? My hsuband%26#39;s face was priceless!




The two for one is a selection on Seabago%26#39;s site, used this link.





www.keywestsebago.com/snorkeling2for1.php





To be honest I was already feeling my oats by the time I got over to Franks magic show, but my wife was totally amazed.





Is there a trick to posting photos?




Nice report,





Glad you had the chance to meet some of the locals.





PJ




Well the pictures are posted, and they are so good some are posted 3 times. Can you say Goober Head!




Sounds like you had a fun time. Love the pictures!




Sounds like a great trip! And I%26#39;m glad you liked Heron House Court. We stayed in a jacuzzi side room last Feb. and thought it was wonderful. The staff is so helpful, rooms are big and clean. Its a bit of a walk but most of the time we needed a walk!




Nice report. The guys go nuts on the Arbys don%26#39;t they? I hope you remembered the sauces.





When you goin%26#39; back?

No comments:

Post a Comment