Monday, April 23, 2012

Arby's

Ok .. i know i am infrequent poster /lurker love the forum





will be in KW for the 20th time in November . but flying in so no opp to go to Arbys





but please %26#39; splain'; it to me about the Arbys sammies ..





is it for real ???-- you guys really want them or is it an inside joke I am not privvy to ?





and if really Arbys WHY ????????????????





please explain this madness help me understand : )





thanks



L



Arby's


Oh it%26#39;s real, my friend.....it%26#39;s very real. We jones for them because they are truly wonderful and they are 101.3 miles away from us...yet barely an inch on a map of Florida. The tender roast beef, the wonderfully artificial cheese-like sauce product... the tangy Arby%26#39;s sauce dripping from the edge.....you just can%26#39;t imagine. We stash sauce packets in our houses and suck on them when the addiction gets really bad. It gets really really bad.



Arby's


Would it be too cruel to mention that I have an Arbys less than a mile from my home and I have never been to it?




I%26#39;ve always found the craving for Arby%26#39;s, and lack thereof, in KW very funny, considering all the great food that is abundant there. But whenever I talk to locals, they tell me if just one Arby%26#39;s would open up, it would be the most popular eatery amongst locals.





I%26#39;ve got to admit, when I was on a long stint in a remote area of Korea, after a few weeks I would do anything to get my hands on some American pizza.or burgers.




It is true, the locals like thier Arby%26#39;s.





KWtaxi traded some homemade fresh smoked BBQ for ONE sanny. i saw it with my own eyes.





I know for a fact that several posters in the marathon area also Jones for Arbys as well.





What do they say?



The grass is alsways greener on the other side?



You can%26#39;t always get what you want?



If you can%26#39;t be with the one you love?





I don%26#39;t know what they say, but they say something.




Fresh smoked BBQ....I%26#39;ve got lots of those places within a 10 minute drive. :) Now I will definitely miss that if I move from Memphis.




Did I read that right? Trading Arby%26#39;s for fresh, smoked BBQ? I can%26#39;t begin to fathom that. Right now I would kill for some wonderful BBQ (gallons of sweet tea with it would make it heaven) and there%26#39;s an Arby%26#39;s less then 10 min from my house and I think it%26#39;s awful. That%26#39;s a trade I would make any day of the week and twice on Sunday!





If I can convince the others to stop, might have to make myself popular at a board meeting when I%26#39;m down there since we%26#39;re driving down on a Fri. Only problem is Arby%26#39;s might not be open as we pass by early in the a.m.




Noles, post when you%26#39;ll be here and I%26#39;ll prepare some fresh smoked Q the night before. I make pounds of it all the time. Pulled, ribs, sausage, brisket......all of it. I love cooking.




I have an Arby%26#39;s less than a mile away (should I bring some sannies to KW in December? Highest bid wins---j/k). But we do not have Sonic near me---the nearest is 40 miles away in Fullerton and I like their cherry limeades, but not for 40 miles in LA traffic. I have been known to ask, ';Where%26#39;s the nearest Sonic?'; when I deplane. (Vegas has many, AZ is full of them).





So I buy bottled cherry limeade, fill a glass with ice, and dream...





Now I gotta ask, is there a Sonic anywhere near KW? Cherry Limeades....as Homer Simpson would say....mmmmmm. :-)




I have a Sonic within 3 miles of me. No, KW doesn%26#39;t have a Sonic.




I%26#39;m thinking if I take no luggage and check a large cooler full of ';mainland'; junk food........I could open a stand and pay for my flight.... I just might have to take orders next trip. We also have Lion%26#39;s Choice Roast Beef, Culver%26#39;s Burgers (newest :%26amp; yummiest) Steak %26#39;n Shake, White Castles, Sonic or Rallys and of course Arbys!





Do I have any requests?


  • beauty secrets
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment