Wednesday, April 25, 2012

why do we buy newspapers on hols

i cant understand why british people go on holiday to get away from it all .Yet the first thing they do in the morning is buy a british newspaper to see whats happening back home .It never reports good news just bad so why do we do it surely when were on holiday we dont miss home that much .I for one dont .i refuse to buy a british newspaper when on my hols.



why do we buy newspapers on hols


I have never bought a newspaper whilst on holiday. I don%26#39;t understand why people do it either. A bit of reading over breakfast? Personally if people by a paper whilst in Orlando you seriously haven%26#39;t planned your holiday properly.



why do we buy newspapers on hols


Whats wrong with having information?





IT%26#39;s jus a time pass mate, no need to get all serious about it.





You may go on holiday to escape pressures and get away from it all. But me personally, i ain%26#39;t under that much stress at the moment so a holiday too me doesn%26#39;t mean i have to jus escape.




i hate not knowing whats going on at home not just the news but also the sport





when we go to brittany i can get radio 5 on the car radio and i always check the news and sport




I%26#39;m a bit of a news junkie. I always like to know what%26#39;s going on. When I%26#39;m on holiday I like to read the Mirror to see what%26#39;s going on. My husband%26#39;s ecstatic if he can get the Daily Record at Publix. I hate the idea that I%26#39;ve missed something. Plus I always like to read how cold it is back in London,lol.





In Barcelona last year, they had the Mirror on sale at one of their newstands for 4euros. I gave that a miss. There was nothing that couldn%26#39;t wait for me to get home to catch up on. Besides, I had Sky News at the hotel I was staying at. At the time the news was mainly about the terror alert at the various airports back home, so there wasn%26#39;t much else being reported on. I was very lucky in that I missed all that by one day. I had flown out on a Wednesday afternoon, and all the airports were on Red Alert by Thursday morning. Close shave or what?!





Saying all that, on the other hand when I%26#39;m home I sometimes watch Fox News International on Sky (I think Bill O%26#39;Reilly%26#39;s a hoot), or have a read of the Orlando Sentinel on-line to catch up with what%26#39;s going on in America/Orlando. Funnily enough I was home yesterday and was glued to the telly watching the bail hearing for OJ Simpson. Wasn%26#39;t he a silly boy?




PS. I forgot to mention, it sometimes is a good idea to buy a British paper in Orlando, as they have coupons for various shows and things such as themed dinners, if you%26#39;re into that sort of thing.



Whilst you can pick up yesterday%26#39;s papers, I don%26#39;t know about the others, but I do remember that the American version of the Mail and the Mirror is actually published in Orlando. I guess to cater to the large Brit population living there.




I don%26#39;t.





Dont have time to read them, and dont want to.





Having said that I can remember buying a local one once, to see if their was any local events going on.




hi



i only but the sundays paper for the football match reports, but ive got to buy sundays paper on the monday of course at walgreens,





odd to buy papers a day late though..




Idon%26#39;t think the papers are a day old. I%26#39;m sure the%26#39;re printed in Orlando on the same day as at home.



We always buy a paper when away. At home we%26#39;re always so busy with work and home that we don%26#39;t have time to read the paper.



It%26#39;s all just part of the holiday experience to sit and read the paper from front to back page without feeling guilty %26#39;cos the%26#39;res 101 other things to do!!!




Dazzlers, some papers are definitely a day old. I%26#39;ve bought and read day old papers from hotel lobbys and some shops. These are the ones that are delivered from overseas. It only seems to be the ones sold in large supermarkets that are printed in Orlando that are sold on the same day.



So it depends on where you buy. Obviously when we realised that we could get same day papers then we%26#39;d just get those.




Hey big bopper - I fully agree with you chum





I NEVER buy any of the UK papers, because I want to avoid all the doom and gloom ... and it works. It is amazing how much scare stories and negative rubbish fills our newspapers. Instead I buy the local papers to read about baseball and silly news stories and get tokens for discounts in such places as Sweet Tomatoes. They also only cost 25cents and if there are any offers or sales I feel well up to speed on things.





My advice on all sorts of levels is leave the Daily Mail etc where it is.







Isn%26#39;t it that Peter Kay thing - the first thing you look for is what the weather is like at home - absolute nonsense. Also you will get the football results soon enough especially if you can get Fox Soccer channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment