Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Opinion please

Holiday Inn at 6890 Estero Blvd in Ft. Myers Beach -- do you like it or not and why? Thanks.



Opinion please


I can%26#39;t speak to the actual accomaodations (haven%26#39;t been there for at least 4 years) but they easily have the largest, most expansive white, powdery beach in the entire area....that being said, you would still be a few miles (not walking distance) to the ';downtown'; area of FMB. I do remember they have a great tiki bar



Opinion please


Fort Myers Beach is good, but I think the best beach on the Gulf is Siesta Key, near Sarasota. The sand is like fine sugar and the beach unbelievable with many great places to stay or rent on a weekly/daily basis. A nice change from Fort Myers with its crowds.



You might want to give it a try.




I have read some not so good reviews about Holiday Inn FMB lately. I think you would be better off at the Outrigger. If you can afford it then maybe if you prefer a condo the Gullwing and Pointe Estero are near both of these hotels.




We would only be interested in Fort Myers Beach. I will keep in mind that Siesta Key is nice, but that would be for another trip. Hubby and I like Shell Point golf course just before going over the causeway to Sanibel. Also a course on Sanibel too. How about Best Western in Fort Myers Beach..........any ideas on that one?




Hello,



We are staying at the ';Caper Beach Club'; in April. We have family that own condos at 2 other condos on FMB. They HIGHLY recommended Caper BClub. We will have a fully equipped condo, 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2 balconies, etc. on the beach, with in walking distance to mostly eveything!!(That is shopping, Times Square, etc,)



Try this site%26gt;http://www.caperbeach.com/amhome.htm...When are you going? Are you bringing children?




I would vote for the HI over the Outrigger - when we were in FMB in June, the Outrigger seemed dirty and their pool was always packed (it%26#39;s a lot smaller than the one at the Holiday Inn.)




Moedecup, thanks for the tip on Caper, but we will only be in Ft. Myers for 2 nights. Caper requires a week%26#39;s stay. We are doing Ft. Myers Beach (been there before), then Cape Canavaral/Daytona area, then Key West and then back to Ft. Myers.




Your welcome! Just be careful with the Holiday Inn!! Read this post!!



Traveler rating:



Fort Myers Beach: Holiday Inn Fort Myers Beach: ';An all round dump.';



Merlinbreaker, Cornwall, Jul 25, 2007













My experience with this property took place in:



April, 2007



Would I recommend this hotel to my best friend? no way!



My ratings for this hotel are:





Value



Location



Check in / front desk



I recommend this hotel for:



I do not recommend this hotel for: Young singles, An amazing honeymoon, A romantic getaway, Girlfriend getaway, People with disabilities, Older travelers, Great pool scene, Pet owners, Families with young children, Families with teenagers, Tourists





I selected this hotel because ... Beach / Sun, Outdoor / Adventure, Shopping, Other





My age: 35-49



Traveling group: Family with young children



My visit was for: Quality time with family



Booked two rooms for my family at this hotel, for three nights. I knew what type of hotel it was, and the pictures on the website made this hotel look perfect. I%26#39;ve always stayed in Holiday Inns and their other brands due to their overall service and quality for the price. As soon as I walked through to the lobby I thought what a dump. Whilst myself and my Father-in-Law checked with the highly incompetent staff my wife took my daughter to the rest rooms. The restroom report was that my 4 year old daughter refused to use them due to the unclean state they were in. Tired after the drive down from Tarpon Springs I just wanted a room. Hell this is a HI the rooms%26#39;ll be OK. The walk to the room was like walking through a badly bombed Beriut Suburb - and when we got the the room - these baby%26#39;s were small, out dated and in a bad state of repair/disrepair (depends on your angle). I was not going to stay here for three nights as planned. Went to the front desk and explained - the staff didn%26#39;t care and we walked out with a void bill. Later got my AMEX statement through only to find I%26#39;d been charged 150 bucks for one night! Having contacted Holiday Inn%26#39;s Quality Assurance department I got letters of apology and mitigation - yeah and my money back. Apparently the hotel is trying for planning permission to rebuild and is fighting city legislation. Grated if they accept the place is a crap hole, the prices should reflect this, but it doesn%26#39;t excuse retards behind reception. This has seriously dented my trust in the Holiday Inn Brand. I stayed three nights at the Hilton instead. Don%26#39;t believe all the good write ups for this hotel - the authors must have been smoking some illegal substance!





Have a great time wherevever you stay!! Moedecup








We stayed 4 nights at Pink Shell in FMB in July, and loved it. Yes, we had kids, but I didn%26#39;t see alot of unruly kids. We stayed in the Sanibel View and reserved through AAA--they had stay 3 nights and get the 4th free, so was a pretty good deal. Think we paid around 500.00 for 4 nights. Just an idea!




Thanks again Moed. I%26#39;m thinking of Best Western. We don%26#39;t want to spend too much money on this part of the trip because we are paying for 3 nights in Key West and that will run into money.

No comments:

Post a Comment