Friday, March 23, 2012

What are the months with most seaweeds, red tide and jfish?

Hi,





We were just at Sandestin from Nov12-19 and we had such a great time! But I guess that time of year is red tide? am I right? the 3rd day we were there , there were tons of dead fish by the shore. Anyways, since we had a wonderful time and my kids loved it so much despite the dead fishes, we%26#39;d like to go back again. I would like to know which months are the red tides, which months do the seaweeds come and go, what month is the jelly fish ? What else should I avoid other the spring break? Thanks.



What are the months with most seaweeds, red tide and jfish?


I wish I could give you a better answer but here goes:





Seaweed = we do have a variety called June grass that we usually see in June but not always





Red tide = Crimson tide, you%26#39;ll have to ask Nick Saban but it is totally unpredictable and up to Momma Nature





Jelly fish = no telling, some years there is none but last year was the worst that I%26#39;ve seen





We are much better at predicting the weather, just pm semco



What are the months with most seaweeds, red tide and jfish?


Like Joe said you can%26#39;t predict mother nature. It does seem that Destin had more June grass, jellyfish %26amp; redtide this year. At least no hurricanes.





We go every year in mid June. For the most part the weather has been great. If you stay for a week there%26#39;s usually a couple of days of rain or red flags, but most days are great. We go in June because we have to wait on school to get out. When we%26#39;re done with that we might start going in May, because it%26#39;s a little cooler %26amp; not as crowded.




We went the week of June 16th last summer. Only one day was a jelly fish watch. The rest of the time it was beautiful. It did rain one day in the middle of the week but we just went shopping that day.




They did pm me JoeMammy! Thank you very much!!! I don%26#39;t think they cared for the answer..... PAYBACKS...... I%26#39;ll remember this!




I think I smell a new website/blog brewing. Something along the lines of predicting the unpredictable.




Maybe that website should be called The Psychic Connection to Semco. She really can predict the unpredictable!




LOL!! Let%26#39;s see. What can I predict.... Hummmmm...... I predict if the website is born, it will quickly get predicted to death!!!




Hello vicamille......we were in Destin last mid June. The June grass was everywhere, but the tide washed it up and on shore every morning. Some newly-weds actually picked it all up along the beach where we stayed and wrote love letters with it in the sand! It helped keep it out of the water! The jellies were around, a few people were stung nearby, But I guess being my 1st time in Destin, it never bothered me at all. We went back in September and there were more jellies and no sea weed. I guess we will have to wait and see about 2008, huh? Me and my family are gonna be back in June 08! We are addicted to Destin! You ask, what should you avoid over the spring break? Spring breakers! hahaha Hope you have a great time! BarB

No comments:

Post a Comment