Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Key Largo vs Islamorada

What is the major difference between the 2. I%26#39;m interested in good diving, excursions, and night life.





Thank you in advance.



Nat



Key Largo vs Islamorada


The MAJOR difference is Key Largo is 20 miles closer to the mainland.





From either spot you can party and dive, fish, relax, eat, anything.





For that matter 20 miles is NOTHIN%26#39; - - - - - - NOTHIN%26#39; I say.





You could probably eat and dive in both places staying in either place. If it were me, I%26#39;d pick Islamorada. No particular reason other than I know it better than KL. My personal opinion is you don;t get the ';keys feeling'; until you get to at least Islamorada. But thats just me.



Key Largo vs Islamorada


Thank you for your reply.. I want to go to key west but I heard the other 2 had better diving. Key west on the other hand has the night life I was looking for.. I%26#39;m 30 and the people who are with me (21-25)





Will it be worth going to Key west or should I stick with the other 2 since I heard diving is really good.







Thank you again.




Any particular hotel you recommend in Islamorada that stood out?




You can certainly find some nice dive spots in Key West as well.





It all comes down to what YOU want to do. Is your focus going to be diving, partying, a few days of both . .




Cheeca Lodge is on the high end, Islander gets good reviews, there is a Hampton Inn that I haven%26#39;t heard anyone say anything good or bad about.





From the Islander you can walk to Lor-E-Lei (a lovely buffettgal and guy favorite). From the Hampton you can walk to Lazy Days (another BG%26amp;G fav). The Hampton also has an Outback Steakhouse on site, but I%26#39;d skip that except for a drink or 10.




We stayed at a place called the Ragged Edge a couple of weeks ago in Islamorada. It%26#39;s a bit on the quiet side with no restaurants or bars but they have a big, grassy area right on the ocean. There is a nice pool and plenty of chairs around with BBQ grills. All the units have kitchenettes and they let you use their bikes for free. Also it is off the main road in a residential area so you won%26#39;t hear noise from US1. The price was right, too- $111. 00 per night. We would definately go back!




Thank you guys and gals for help and input..




i second the islamorada vote. even more (if you can believe it) relaxing feel than key largo.





we stayed at the islander.





great place.


  • recipes cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment