Saturday, March 24, 2012

pizza place

I am looking for a pizza place for next Friday. I have around 30 people for a rehearsal :)





I%26#39;d like something close to the sheraton clipper and we could access by the trolley. thank you!



pizza place




i was considering at%26#39;s a pizza and restuarant on las olas. does anyone know the price range there? i might just need to call because i read they have outdoor seating!



pizza place


I%26#39;ve never been in Atza Pizza, just driven by, but my sense is they may not be big enough to handle a group of 30- but maybe I%26#39;m wrong- but you absolutely should call ahead anywhere you hope to go- there are really not many pizza places I can think of convenient to the Clipper- maybe someone else can think of one I%26#39;ve forgotten. We%26#39;ve been to Louie Louie on Las Olas years ago, but I didn%26#39;t think it was great and we were only about 12 and felt crammed in to a small area- hmmmm!





I also wonder if 30 of you could all get on the trolley at once - I seriously doubt it- they are tiny and will likely already have some passengers. I really think you may need a much different plan....






i don%26#39;t need 30 to fit on the trolley. I%26#39;ve got about 15 that have cars. Looks like I%26#39;ll just give them a call.




If it helps , here%26#39;s menu I found on line:





鈥enupages.com/restaurantdetails.asp鈥?/a>




Cafe Europa on Las Olas also does pizza but I think it is more of an individual pie.





Here is a link to their menu:



www.restaurantplace.com/restaurant-menu.aspx鈥?/a>





I think it is going to be very hard to find a pizza place to accomodate your group of 30. If it has to be pizza maybe have it delivered to you on the beach





Another thought is that Aruba%26#39;s in Lauderdale by the Sea a few miles north of the Clipper does a free pig roast Happy Hour on Friday night with a 2 drink min. It can get crowded though so I am not sure about a party of 30.





Good luck




Pat, I%26#39;m not sure, but I think the free pig roast at Aruba may only be served to folks sitting at the bar- there is some sort of thing they do that is only for bar patrons I know. and I think that is it. We did bring a group opf about 20 there one Sunday for their brunch as a baby shower group, but contacted them in advance and they set aside an alcove for us and just charged us the regular brunch price, but that may be the only meal they serve where they will do that.. I guess we both agree that this is a tough one- it%26#39;s pretty hard to bring anyone to any restaurant in the area in a group that large just for pizza - you pretty much generally have to make ';banquet ';arrangements ahead of time and to tie up their tables for any significant amount of time most places require you to purchase more than pizzas.





I%26#39;m going with a group of 18 to Buca de Beppo on Wednesday and by prearrangement we are paying $20 pp for a family style pasta dinner- of course beverages etc are extra and 18 is all they will accomodate for that particular arrangement- and we had to reserve that special table way ahead of time. Too bad Tina%26#39;s on S. Federal Hwy is closed - they would have done it- but they are long gone and I can think of nowhere else that does that sort of thing economically.





You are right that Cafe Europa might- but on Friday night on Las Olas in holiday season I think they would balk at tying up a large restaurant area for so long just for pizza. It is about the only place I can think of to call though so I guess worth a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment