Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Honeymoon Fun ;-)

Hi all,



I%26#39;ve been lurking here for a while and am finally taking the plunge and submitting a post. I used to live in Key West during my high school years (graduated KWHS in 89) and have made it back to KW almost every year since. Long story short: I%26#39;ve found the woman of my dreams and am getting married in Key West on 06/07/08 (First kiss 04/05/06 and got engaged in KW 05/06/07 - I know - sappy lol).





Anyway, although I%26#39;m pretty familiar with Key West - I%26#39;ve never had to coordinate honeymoon activities. We are having a small ceremony (just the two of us) at the Audobon House and are staying at the Lighthouse Court. Key West is full of fun stuff to do - but I am trying to come up with some ';unique'; or ';uniquely romantic'; things to do on the honeymoon.





Any suggestions? :-)



Honeymoon Fun ;-)


Trust me on this... The romance will take care of itself. Stars in both of your eyes!



For something really neat as far as dinner... Maybe try one of the romantic dinner cruises... My favorite is Islescapes and I think it would fit your situation better. A much smaller capacity and a captain / chef who knows when to disapear! The website is: http://www.islescapes.com/index.htm





Congrats, good luck and the fact you remembered (as a guy) the dates of the first kiss etc, means she%26#39;s getting a winner.)



Honeymoon Fun ;-)


Tim wrote:





Congrats, good luck and the fact you remembered (as a guy) the dates of the first kiss etc, means she%26#39;s getting a winner.)





It is Key West. The OP doesn%26#39;t have to be male . . . .





TW - Congrats on the upcoming wedding.




I think tim hit the nail on the head.





Any SO that remembers dates like that is a lovely person!





Wish you all the best!




Everyone thinks of a romantic this or an intimate that to do. I says pick a sunset sail with a lot of people like the Commotion on the Ocean or the Wind and Wine sail. Somehow people find out there are newlyweds on board, danged if I know how, and then everyone has a good time toasting you, and remembering their own honeymoon, etc.





Then, when you are back, have an intimate drink at the top of the Rum Barrel on Front Street.





Pjk




Congratulations. Second the romance will take care of itself in such a beautiful location. Telling others that you are newlyweds does engage others in such a magical way. Not to mention the already friendly environment of locals. Just another reason for a free drink or toast they already don%26#39;t need a reason to party. Can%26#39;t agree more on the Illescapes dinner cruies mentioned by Seabus. Too many other optiions to mention. I%26#39;m sure others will have some more great suggestions.




TW - if you keep this sequential date thing rolling I can only imagine that on -07/08/09 you might be visiting a maternity ward???





Congrats to you! How about requesting side by side his and hers massages at that beautiful new venue - the outdoor cabana at the newly renovated Casa Marina?? I booked a massage for my wife last week at another hotel spa and then the next day saw this beautiful massage cabana right there on the beach - wish I%26#39;d known it beforehand.




Do you still have family or friends down here?



Do you or they have access to a boat?



One of the best parts of our special day (06/05/2005) was that a friend of ours took us out on a boat and we bummed around and snorkeled before coming back for our sunset wedding. It was such a great way to spend what is normally a very stressful day, and to really truly remember what a special, precious moment the wedding is.



Congratulations!




Great ideas one and all! And thanks for all the kind words!





First, Mojitoland - I%26#39;m definitely going to look into the side-by-side massage at the Casa. Second, we have no plans for 07-08-09 besides another trip to Key West!! We figure that we will always know the date of our next vacation this way...at least until 12-13-14!





Seabus, LOVE the idea of the dinner cruise. I%26#39;ve checked out the site and now just have determine which day we are going to do it on. I imagine they book up pretty fast, so I don%26#39;t want to wait until we get there to decide...





Again, thank you everyone for the great ideas. I%26#39;ve got some more work to do - going to contact a few friends and see if we can bum a boat for an afternoon...





If any of you are planning on being in KW that day (easy to remember, 6-7-8, you will probably see us having our own ';version'; of a reception going from bar to bar on Duval after...join us for a drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment