Saturday, March 24, 2012

Advice on Park Central

Based on so many good reviews months ago on the Park Central, I went ahead and made a reservation for June%26#39;08. In reading a recent review, I am not not so sure I made the right choice, and am somewhat surprised that the hotel did not respond to the bad review. I had hoped they would.



Can anyone out there shed any light on this hotel, as I am not sure I should be looking for another?



Advice on Park Central


I will stay there 6 nights over NY. I can write my view after returning.



Advice on Park Central


I am not sure to what you are referring. In the last ten reviews, going back a mere six weeks, the average was 4.1 on a 5-point scale. Can%26#39;t get much better than that.





Some of the negative remarks are specious, like paying for parking. Free parking on Miami Beach is as common as free parking in Manhattan. Ain%26#39;t gonna happen anywhere. Then another couple complains about an old art deco hotel having a old lift and narrow halls. That is an old art deco hotel.





Third, I just never have my bags taken up to my room until i have inspected it. Does two things. Puts them on notice I am going to inspect it against what I reserved (and my written emails and responses are in my briefcase) and avoids the unnecessary work of changing the luggage to another room, getting more keys, etc. That reviewer never mentioned that they complained to management about the room. You must communicate to get what you want sometimes!





Of course, we all have run into the occasional person who you just cannot please, no matter what you do. When reading the reviews, I ignore the best review and the worst review. Some people cannot be pleased and others have rose-colored lenses.




Hi, we too are staying at The Park Central for 9 nights from Chrismas Day. We have booked an Ocean View room with a Trading Places room for the last 2 nights and have high hopes. However, the comments on the breakfast/restaurant are disappointing but it is maybe better to go with an open mind then you can%26#39;t be too disappointed.





Will report back following our stay.




Thank you all.





We are also on the Trading Places package, so I will be anxious to hear what you have to say and look forward to your review.

No comments:

Post a Comment