Wednesday, March 28, 2012

packages for 3 weeks or book independantly

Who would you recommend for a 3 week holiday (from the UK) We quite fancy the Floridays but can only find TCD and Cosmos who use them and neither do 3 weekers. If we booked independantly who would you rate for %26#39;cheap%26#39; flights. It needs to be in school holidays though.



packages for 3 weeks or book independantly


I am always limited to school hols - always try to book scheduled well in advance, often taking advantage of special offers, if poss, but arrange accommodation directly with chains on web. Usually get better quality accommodation at reasonable price. I keep checking hotel websites in case a better offer comes up. I never pay in advance for accommodation if I can avoid it.



packages for 3 weeks or book independantly


I would book your flights direct with the airlines. Check on www.expedia.co.uk to find flights and then go direct to the airline to book. Remember you can always go via New York for cheaper flights. For accomodation you can%26#39;t go wrong with a villa, your own swimming pool, spa, come and go as you please. I always use www.just-florida-villas.co.uk or www.vrbo.com.





For car hire try www.holidayautos.co.uk or www.suncars.co.uk.




book flights as early as you can and the hotels as late as you dare.








We did 3 weeks this year and flew with virgin some other airlines couldnt do 3 weeks booked through local travel agent who said 3 weeks is becoming more popular so he thinks other tour operators will pick up on this, booked both lots of accomodation as travelling down to Naples for 2 weeks, got a good price but not in school holidays so not sure if you would get cheap flights, we did once fly from glasgow as schools go back earlier than in England could be worth looking into especially if its the summer holiday you are looking at........ laura




I would book independantly. It is cheaper overall, and best I think that 3 weeks just in Orlando is too much, so you could go for a week or more somewhere else such as the Gulf Coast to make it a more well rounded and relaxing holiday. I love the Disney area as much as anyone else, but it is tiring and can get old after about 9 days.





I%26#39;d start with Travelsupermarket.com as they are the only site I know if that will compare schelduled to charters. I myself fly scheduled, but here you have a choice plus the price facts to back it up. then, I check with a bucket shop such as Trailfinders if I%26#39;m going scheduled. Sometimes, they can beat the lowest online price with a %26#39;tour inclusive%26#39; fare that bunches either car hire, or hotel or both for 3 nights or more. You don%26#39;t even have to use it the whole holiday. But it can occasioanlly work out cheaper.





For example, In June when I took my BGF to FL for her b%26#39;day, the flight only price on Virgin was 拢560. The agent at Trailfinders had a special offer available that got me the same flight, plus car hire, for 拢550 each. It was a no brainer. I also got flights to Hawaii one year, 拢50pp cheaper than the lowest online price, that included 2rooms for 3 nights into the bargain plus 2 free stopover on the way out/back. Another no brainer.





So, flights first if you are date dependant, then sort accomodation. If you are going for a Villa in any area of FL for part/all of your holiday, then arrange with the owner direct. You will get better quality that way. There are many sites to choose from, but I%26#39;d start with VRBO and work your way to others- we can help there too. If you want a condo of 1-3 beds, look to the LBV area aswell as the areas south of 192 near the parks. LBV has areas (not all of it) that are walking distance to tons of restaurants etc as well as being a cheap $8 cab ride from DTD.





Then, if you haven%26#39;t rented you car with your flight, source a cheap rate. I like Dollar and Alamo best, but you can rent them cheaper than their dirct websites thru one of the wholesalers like USrentacar, holiday Autos, Airline network was cheapest for me this time.





After all that, you are safe to relax and slowly work out the best deal for currency, tickets, travel planning etc.





Have fun, and ask all the Q%26#39;s you like!





A




Have done 3 weeks via a package with Jetsave and 3 weeks independently when we were travelling in the States. I am limited to school holidays only and to be honest at this time there isnt much difference, in my opinion.




Have a look at airlinenetwork.com for your flights and try alpharooms.com for your accommodation. I have used both and found them to be very good.




Well Amanx - my heads spinning now. Thanks for the detailed suggestions. The coast does sound tempting. We have been before (2006, 2007) and have only been in 1 disney park so I don%26#39;t think we%26#39;re bothered about having a close location, previously we%26#39;ve just stayed on I drive and been Universal, Busch, SW, Kennedy etc.



I may be missing something obvious, but what does LRBO stand for?




Sorry I meant VRBO






it is a website, villa rentals by owner. Reputable, and has them all over the world on there.





And do yourself a favor, try LBV instead of Idrive if you are going down the hotel route in Disney.

No comments:

Post a Comment