Saturday, March 24, 2012

Going to WDW with 4 grandkids!!! Yikes

Well, I%26#39;m new to this forum and could use some help. My husband and I will be in Disney World next Wednesday for a weeks vacation. And this is where I need your help. Before our son moves to Korea at the end of this month (Army), we will be vacationing with him, his wife and the ';4'; Grandkids (!!!) What in Lord%26#39;s name do I do to keep 4 rambunctious kids...mostly under the age of 10...occupied, besides the usual %26#39;park%26#39; stuff. Any good suggestions for dinner %26#39;off site%26#39;? The kids love those interactive %26#39;dinner shows%26#39;, so any good experiences would be appreciated. Wish me luck ;-)



Going to WDW with 4 grandkids!!! Yikes


Stay away from Pirates as a dinner show- it%26#39;s really the worst one in town and a total rip off- some of the others might be ok for you.



Going to WDW with 4 grandkids!!! Yikes


In past visits, I remember off the freeway (which frwy ??) was a castle type bldg that had a dinner show, but don%26#39;t know how 2 get there.



Thanks for the advice on the ';pirates'; show..I will steer away from that one. At about $50 per person...and a party of 8 ~ I want the most %26#39;bang%26#39; for my $$. The one I would like to know about is the show the is held at the ';Wilderness Lodge';? Hippity hop something or other its called. ;-)




If you stay a full day at the parks (and the kids will want to do so), they%26#39;ll be so tired - and so will you - that you might have to order in dinner.




I think you%26#39;re referring to the Hoopty Doo Musical Revue at Fort Wilderness ( a campground, not teh same thing as Wiolderness Lodge. It%26#39;s wonderful, but unfortunately , this is one of teh Disney Dining Attractions that opens up for reservations 180 days in advance and almost always fills up quickly. You probably will not be able to get reservations , but I guess you could call and try . Here is the infromation about it from a site called www.allears.net which has information on every restaurant in Disney:





http://www.allears.net/din/hddcom.htm





I am sorry to sound negative , but if you didn%26#39;t reserve way in advance I think the possibility of dining anyplace in Disney World itself ( except fast food) are very poor.





Maybe the other place you are thinking of ( the castle ) is Medieval Times where they have a jousting show. I think the kids might enjoy that , but it will be pricey.





I do wish you luck because I realize you are inexperienced, but you really need to plan way ahead for most of the popular dining choices. Maybe a real Disney expert ( which I%26#39;m not) on the Forum will have better idea for you.




I just realized too that you are posting on tehe Florida Forum, when there is an entire separate forum just for Orlando, which would be much better for you and full of infformation. Since you are new and don%26#39;t know your way around- click on the link below and it will take you there:





tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g34515-Orlando_Flori鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment