Friday, March 30, 2012

Need help on New Years Dinner Choice

We have narrow our choices for dinner on new years to 3 places. Of course we can only go to one of them. We have picked out Rooftop Cafe, Pisces, or Michaels. Help us decide. Thank you



Need help on New Years Dinner Choice


If you want seafood, Pieces is the choice. If you want great steaks and continental food, Michael%26#39;s is the place. Personally I like the food and atmosphere at Michael%26#39;s best of the 3. They are all good choices though.



Need help on New Years Dinner Choice


Rooftop is good but not in the same catagory as the other 2 IMO. I would go with Pisces over Michaels but its a close race. I personally love Pisces but it hard to suggest for visitors because everyone usually wants to go somewhere with a view and it doesn%26#39;t have one. The Chef there is my favorite one on the island but his food can be expensive but it is well worth it IMO. Take a look at the Lobster Tango Mango or the Surf and Turf - YUM! Comparing Michaels and Pisces is a little like comparing apples and oranges. Michaels is wonderful but basically a steak house with the best steaks on the island (flown in from Allen Brothers several times a week) and Pisces has a French feel to it and a more creative menu. Both are online so take a look and see what you think. Do not wait too long to make reservations especially at Michaels or Pisces since both are local favorites.




Hands down the Rooftop - best location and view and assuming you mean NYE you will be able to see any early fireworks from their verandas. Go before reservations and have a drink either indoors or out at their bar - is swings around from the inside to te outside, or linger there for a drink afterwards. They will probably have live entertainment.





Pjk




Pisces is the only one of the three that I have eaten at so far, a situation I plan to rectify next trip, so I won%26#39;t tell you it is the ';best'; of the three. What I will tell you is that I had one of my favorite meals of all time at Pisces and I have eaten in many fine restaurants is my life. Pisces has a deliscious menu and an atmosphere that makes you feel that it is a special occasion.




That should be ';in my life ';, not ';is my life';, although my passion for food almost is my life. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment