Friday, March 30, 2012

Universal tickets annoyance!



Ok so I am in the UK and was on universals website the other day and seen a great deal on tickets for Universal + IofAdventure (and city walk).





You got 7 days unlimited access to all 3 places for $85 dollars. Those of you that live in the states can go to univerals website and have a look to confirm this. The link is on the bottom left of the main page.





Now, when I went to buy these tickets (I was in work at the time), the next page was blocked by our work (some pages are blocked and access is denied).





So, determined I obviously tried this at home. The problem is the tickets were now $112, and it was a different ticket! Not as good!





Turns out, in work, since I work for an american company based in the UK, our internet connection goes through servers in the USA, so when I went to universals website in work it appeared as if I WAS in the USA and therefore coule see these great tickets at $85.





At home, my IP address is a UK based one, therefore the Universal site was automatically redirecting me to a .co.uk webpage where I could only see the tickets at $112.





Seems a bit unfair, it doesnt say about the $85 tickets that they are for US citizens only. They are much better tickets and cheaper too!





I tried to get round this by using a proxy server at home, but I cant get one to work properly.





Most people would not notice, its just my curious home/work setup allowed me to see this, which I am not happy about.





Any ideas how I can get these $85 tickets?



Universal tickets annoyance!


Not sure about an IT solution, but we used the free internet at our hotel in Orlando to buy Universal tickets once we arrived, so we got the lower US price (they add 6% tax plus booking fee so worked out just over $90 each). You have to advance purchase, but this is only two calender days advance eg. you can buy on Saturday evening before midnight, and you%26#39;ll be able to access the park first thing Monday morning.





Once we%26#39;d bought them, we were able to pick them up at the park entrance via an automated machine using just our credit card, like you do for cinema tickets.



Universal tickets annoyance!


I noticed the same thing. The Universal US website has deals that we in the UK cannot get access to unless we are IT techs.





Never mind try this.





2-Parks Unlimited Admission-All Ages $85.99 from www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/universal




Try undercover tourist.I got these tickets from them last month.Its advertised on their website as for us citizens only but they let you purchase them anyway.




Well, the 85 $ offer works from germany....





But this is quite usual!



There is always an offer for people from the US OR from Florida...



But there are offers for europeans too!





Not unfair, I guess! Just good deals at different times





:-)




I know a lot of people use undercover tourist and I subscribe to the mousesavers site which email the link.





Do you think there will be any problem ordering the tickets - since it says on undercover tourist - US citizens only?





I cant see them turning me away from the gate at universal, or could I.... ;)




The offer came up with our UK sky internet and my friend booked hers over her BT internet???






Pity the universal secure ordering site is blocked here in work or I would have ordered them straight from universal.





Anyhow - I ordered them from Undercover tourist so hopefully I should be ok..




I do not like the sound of a poxy server even though I don%26#39;t really understand what it does. It sounds like a server with a disease and I would not touch it just in case. Best bet would be undercovertourist as mentioned above.




lol @ poxy server.





A proxy server redirects your internet connection through a different server than that of your ISP, and can mask your IP address allowing for %26#39;anonymous%26#39; surfing.





Didnt work though.





Another alternative was to use a website such as hidemyass.com, but that didnt work either.





Anyway, enough of all that nonsense - undercover tourist seems to be the way forward, and I will let you know if I get my tickets!




I%26#39;ve got these for next year. Ordered online from the UK with UK ISP. I even had a confirmation email from Universal that there is no deadline on them starting (just finish 7 days after first use).





Mike J

No comments:

Post a Comment