Saturday, March 24, 2012

Nice place to eat (and on the wallet)

So I am going to Key West this weekend with my best friend and her husband. 3 people backed out at the last minute, so basically I want to find a good place to cheer her up (its her birthday).





We are on a budget because of everyone backing out but I would still like a good place to eat, good ambiance, etc.





Any ideas?



Nice place to eat (and on the wallet)


Check out Fogerty%26#39;s. The portions are HUGE, so 1 entree is more than enough for 2 people. It%26#39;s also a pretty nice place.





Also, El Siboney is supposed to be the best Cuban food on the island and their prices are good. I didn%26#39;t make it there my last trip, but it is a definate must do for the next one.



Nice place to eat (and on the wallet)




~~Hi Katie~ For Happy Hour go to Alonzo%26#39;s Oyster Bar. The



apps. (on left page) are half price and so are the drinks!!!!!



Its a real deal. I think its from 4:00-6:30 (..?)



Then the Conch Republic has 2 for1. That



cheers me up just thinking about it.







~~Cheers %26amp; Best Wishes~~



^-^




Katie -my wife and I were in KW last week and we ate dinner very affordably at Salsa Loca (Mexican food) in their lovely courtyard. We shared an order of the sizzling special fajitas ($25 or so) and had enough to still take some home for another meal. We HIGHLY recommend it. Try the Medola Especial for a smooooth beer.





Also we had lunch at Maison de Pepe%26#39;s right at Mallory Sq and ordered the delicious antijito appetiser and a cuban mixed grill sandwich - each item priced under $9.00 I believe. For ambiance, taste, great location, wonderful service and very affordable luncheon price we loved this restaurant. You can surely spend more here but don%26#39;t need to. And their mojito and caipirenha drinks are EXCELLENT! They have nightly music and dancing and I believe you may still be able to order reasonably priced items then too but we didnt have dinner there so I can%26#39;t say positively on that. This was our #1 dining experience last week.





Enjoy!








Did I really just say %26#39;lovely%26#39; courtyard? LOL We need an edit feature here! Lets rephrase that to %26#39;scenic%26#39; or %26#39;pleasant%26#39;. There - that%26#39;s much better!




Thanks for the tips. I actually just made reservations at a place called Santiagos Bodega. Anyone heard how this place is?




Santiago%26#39;s is a GREAT choice, you%26#39;ll love it. It%26#39;s one of my favorites.




For steak and potato--try Duffy%26#39;s.



Seafood--7 Fish.



Apps galore with cheap drinks--Alanzo%26#39;s for sure.



Different and fun and Irish--Finnegan%26#39;s.



Huge portions--Fogerty%26#39;s (plus you%26#39;re outside and can people watch) Their burgers are killer.



Because there%26#39;s 3 of you, I%26#39;d do Alanzo%26#39;s. Fill the table with a bunch of apps and catch a buzz. Grab a martini at White Tarpon as long as you%26#39;re there.



Trust me- As soon as your friend gets off the plane, she will not need to be cheered-up.




Here is a review of Santiago%26#39;s from a few year%26#39;s ago but based on more current comments it%26#39;s as good as always...





tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34345-d5529鈥?/a>





Pjk




Fogarty%26#39;s is a must. Very huge portions and I%26#39;ve never had anything bad there.





Duffy%26#39;s is good for steak n potatoe as previously mentioned, we usually get the steak %26amp; shrimp for $19.99.





Also Wednesday nights are prime rib night at Rusty Anchor on Stock Island, a little hard to find the first time but just ask anyone and they can point you in the right direction. Delicious.





Stay away from any back alley places though! Any place that usually has someone trying to lure you back usually isn%26#39;t any good!




I think you made a great decision picking Santiagos. If you are looking for fine food at an easy on the pocketbook price, I don%26#39;t think you could have picked better and with a group, you will be able to sample more items and they are all good. Save room for the bread pudding. It is to die for!

No comments:

Post a Comment