Friday, March 23, 2012

Sat Nav

Okay firstly I said a few weeks ago I would never bother with a Sat Nav so im eating humble pie.

My family have told me they want to get me one for Xmas as im allways moaning about the road changes when we go to london.

I see that TOM TOM have a new model the 920T which comes with the whole of Europe Canada and the USA maps preloaded on a 4meg card.

It is just hitting the shops now, but im thinking as were going to Orlando in April would it make sence for them to buy it for me when we arrive ,its going to sell here for about £400-£450 uk pounds.

Will it be cheaper for them there.

Sat Nav

Circuit City has it now for $600 plus tax. How does that convert?

Sat Nav

roughly £315 so it appears to be cheaper!!!!!


Tom Tom has it on their website for £399.

The problem may be if you need support or it breaks here. You may be better just to get it in UK especially if it is someone buying it for you.

I must admit it would be tempting but when you add tax to the figure if buy in US it is not that much of a difference and you will have your Christmas present before Easter..


Yes, don%26#39;t forget tax ... not sure what it is in the Orlando area, but it will be around 7%.


You could always buy the Tom Tom One for about £149 and buy the SE USA download for about £30.


hi nemmis

you dont need sat nav mate they are more trouble than their worth .I am not just saying it because i am a trucker .but me and my work mate set off together to go to skeggy he used sat nav i did not i beat him by 45 mins .you will use a lot more petrol as it does not take the quickest route it takes the easiest if that makes sense .their is nothing better than the old noggin .


bigbopper000 nice to meet another rubber duckie ,28 years me hauling, even 5 years in the states.

Thats why I said id never buy one but the family are determined so its free (mind you ive gone for a dear one its just hitting the shops)

Thanks for the info folks I allways forget the tax as its added here allready .

As its not a big difference ill do as suggested and let them get it for me for xmas (or the new years sales ) as I want the one with the 4meg card which talks to you shaves you kisses you good nite and hopefully finds me a quick way to my destinations:)


hi nemmis

youve done what i would love to do love to drive in the states or canada .I am a novice compaired to you i have been yorkie bar eating for about 10 years constant night shift keep on trucking.Dont get lazy with the sat nav


That%26#39;s true about SatNavs ... they do exactly what you tell them to do ... so garbage in, garbage out. I also prefer to rely on the ole noggin.


I used a Tom Tom 910 over there last month.

I works as well there as it does in the UK - i.e. if you use it as a map and help source if you get lost it is a great asset - if you floow it religiously you will probably find yourself circling the airport for the whole holiday.

Whatever you do, always confirm the verbal directions on the visual display - it quite often tells you to take the next exit when in actually means one about 1/2 mile away!

Hope that helps!

  • sexy hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment