Friday, March 23, 2012

Missing the sun, sand and shells

So here I sit freezing in the NE and I badly needed a Sanibel/Captiva fix. I do so love webcams.





http://72.236.138.36/view/index.shtml





The address for the Holiday Inn Live camera of sunny Sanibel. I feel better now. Jealous of MSC, but better. Hope the Luminary Festival tonight on Sanibel and tomorrow on Captiva goes well and MSC gives us a report.





One important piece of TA business. If you look at the top of the forums you%26#39;ll see a new Sticky. The subject is %26#39;spyware%26#39;. Please read it thru. Apparently several folks over on the OTC forum did had these pop-ups appear on TA pages. If it should ever happen on either the Sanibel or Captiva pages, please post and warn us. TA is working to discover who is responsible for it.



Missing the sun, sand and shells


Ahhhhhhhhh, that webcam view is nice! It%26#39;s snowing like crazy here so big thank you, Tourmaline, for the taste of paradise!





I look forward to hearing about the luminary!



Missing the sun, sand and shells


Just what I need on a (for us) cold and rainy day. Only a few more weeks, I keel telling myself...a few more weeks.....





Thanks for the link, Tour!




Well...a little off topic for this board, but thanks, Dawg, for the snow report. As you know...my gang of 16 are heading your way soon for a ski vacation so we are glad to hear you will be ready for us out there! Then, down to Sanibel in March to ';thaw out';! Ahhhhhh....




GrandmaMac we welcome your gang of 16 to our wonderful state! Hope the snow is plentiful for your stay.



It is snowing here today, the first really good snow storm this season, and boy do we need it. However, it quickly put me into dreaming of Sanibel. It is kinda cool to have a suntan from my recent trip to the island to compliment the white snow on the ground.




Don%26#39;t be too jealous of me anymore, T. I%26#39;m back in the NE myself and gazing on a lovely frozen landscape. Having left Thursday afternoon, I unfortunately can%26#39;t report on the festival.





Not much more to report on my ';trip'; as most of the time was devoted to the business of upgrading. Not to say I didn%26#39;t have a few minutes here and there to enjoy the pleasures of the islands ;)





All in all, the weather, the water, the beaches were all in perfect alignment and confirmed to me that Sanibel is still a jewel.





At least I have a couple of hundred photos to sort through to update my web site so I%26#39;ll be immersed in Sanibel for the next week or so.





Maybe I%26#39;ll install a heat lamp by my computer and that will get me by for now!




MSC





I glad you enjoyed yourself. I think we%26#39;re spoiled by moderate winters the past couple of years. This is way too cold for me.





I hope you had a chance to read the local Sanibel papers and can help with any info on NYE celebrations on the the New Years Eve thread.





Also - Rainstorm or Sue, we could really use your input on that. Thanks.




Think yourselves lucky that you are getting snow up there in the NE.I am just so depressed with all the rain.



Tried the link to the Holiday inn webcam but our I.T. department has decided that we are can no longer view it. Rotten swine!



The Tween waters cam better though. Used to watch some lovely sunsets.




lol I suspect that%26#39;s because many, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, um ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, personal webcams have addresses like the Holiday Inn - that is an all numeric address.





It that%26#39;s it, you might try this way in





http://tinyurl.com/3d72q2





It just routes you thru tinyurl to the Holiday Inn site.





I like the Tweenies camera too. You can see Santa!




Can you see Santa in my Avator?? Know one has noticed... : (




Sorry sunny - it just looks like a blob to me. :-( I can sort of see red and white now that I really looked, but, I would not have guessed Santa.

No comments:

Post a Comment