Friday, March 23, 2012

Lodging help on St pete for girl on crutches.....

Five of us girls (in our late 30%26#39;s) are going to ST Pete Beach the end of next week for 4 nights! I found out TODAY, that I have to have surgery TOMORROW (slipped on the ice-broke my fibula bone). My dr. thinks I%26#39;m crazy but I still may want to see if i can feel up to going.



Here%26#39;s where i need the help....Where can we stay (we%26#39;re under a budget) that won%26#39;t be too miserable for me on crutches...for example: beachfront with elevator %26amp; a fun bar in/next to the hotel/condo that I can hobble to/fro



THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP!!!!!







Lodging help on St pete for girl on crutches.....


I stayed at the Alden Resort on SPB right before Thanksgiving--see my review. I stayed in Cayman Gulf-front and there is an elevator and a bar you can get to on the walkway. When you call be clear about needing Gulf front and near the elevator and parking.



Lodging help on St pete for girl on crutches.....


thank you for the info....I%26#39;m really looking for a FUN place to stay...is the bar fun or just a reg hotel bar? I figure if i can%26#39;t go very far, might as well have fun where I am.




There are a number of fun beach bars all along the beach- the Swigwam, Jimmy B%26#39;s, Caddy%26#39;s, Woody%26#39;s Waterfront.



The Swigwam is great but the Travelodge where it is is not so great- it has lots of ground floor rooms, have a look at the reviews on here to help you make up your mind. Jimmy B%26#39;s is next door.



The Alden bar is quite small and may not be open during the whole of your stay.



For transport try Bats Taxis the local firm



www.batstaxis.com



Have a look at my Inside Page for dining options.



Good luck hope the surgery went OK.




Try either the Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort or the Beachcomber Beachfront Resort. I have stayed at both hotels and the staff and management are accomodating and even have a wheelchair at the hotel in case you want to do something that requires alot of walking. Both hotels have great beach bars with live music. The grand plaza even has 2 othe ron site restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment