Saturday, March 24, 2012

virgin sale??

Hi Everyone - Have a headache trying o decided if /when/ where to book....... does anyone know if virgin have a sale in the new year (if not then when??) ? If so is a sale worth waiting for ??



virgin sale??


They usually have one in Jan, I think some said it started late Dec last year. There was a small one for up to feb, that ended wednesday.





Have a look at a sunday broadsheet travel section in dec/jan.





A



virgin sale??


they also have a sale in march/april whe there following summers holiday a published.




just received an e mail from Virgin saying 10% discount on all holidays up to 28th Feb departures.



Any other offers coming along will be for off peak times when prices are best anyway.




belek has asked a good question here - %26#39;Is the sale worth waiting for?%26#39;





I have researched this over the last few sales from BA and Virgin. I have found either the flights are not really there or have been sold in the first micro seconds or the price is not really as good as the headline says. i hope i am wrong but this is what i found with these two British carriers and with Airline network %26#39;sales%26#39; of AA and United.





I am prepared to be corrected on this one. The other worry is that people hope they will get cheaper flights by waiting for August sales and that just does not happen in my experience.





I have heard of people being very vigilant over the christmas holiday and getting bargains that appear for a few days and then are gone...







I am afraid that over the festive period I am too busy playing with my handheld to be glued to the PC.




Stopped playing with my hand held when I was 14 !!!



Then I got a laptop ROFL :))




i got a good price in a virgin sale this year. it was 15% off and if you booked the opening weekend you%26#39;d get another 5% off too. two days later it was down to10% and stayed like that for the next couple of weeks until it returned to the original price. so you could get lucky, but at the right time.




thanks for all your replies - we are looking to fly towards end of sept 08 - do you think we should just book now or is it worth wating to see if prices drop? Have you ever got a good price for about 20/22nd sept and when did you book??




Well,





I found with the lastest sale at least, last saturday there were good sales prices to be had. On Sunday they worsened, and on Tuesday when I was in a position to book( I was going for business rather than holiday reasons) the prices had lifted for my dates 拢150+ pp. So, I ended up on BA.





It was a genuine sale, with great prices ( i was quoted 268 return) but with very limited seats for that price. I flew the same flights end of Nov for 拢330 rt, and I think they were up to 416 when I went to BA on tuesday. If I had known my contract had gone thru, would have booked Sat at the price I had.





So, 2 tips here. If there is a sale, and you can go for sure book. If you aren%26#39;t 100% sure, call someone like Trailfinders, and see if you can hold your seats at that price for 24 hrs. Sometimes you can. THis time I didn%26#39;t- don%26#39;t knowif it would have helped but suspect it might have.





In the end, I paid abt 360 on BA pp.




Gosh,





I wish there was an edit function. I%26#39;m off to trim my nails as the typos are getting tedious.





To the Owls, delete this at your peril- this is system fault.





A




thanks amanx - will keep that in mind - been waiting for confirmation for sons school to see if ok to keep him out of school and just got the go-ahead so can book when happy with deal - truth be told im not into waiting and looking for deals really i just want to get booked but after using this forum for the last few years i have started to learn a few tricks so keeping eyes open and trying not to just jump in and book!!


  • facebook.com
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment