Friday, March 23, 2012

hand painted cat shoppe - where is it?

we are at home paging thru the ';Florida Keys and Key West In Room Concierge'; (no longer in the room) and the wife sees a photo of a bunch of what looks like hand painted cats with stripes all over em. She points at it ans says, ';There.'; which in wife speak means, bo go find out where this shop is cause i need to go there one day while down there. it is just a photo with no shop name attached. any clues? here is a link to the photo.



inmagine.com/miwt011/鈥nfocart





thanks



hand painted cat shoppe - where is it?


I am not postive but I do not think it a local artist. I think its something I have seen over in the gift shops near Mallory Square and the aquarium.



hand painted cat shoppe - where is it?


Another place that might have them is the little open air market on Petronia.




I THINK those are in the open air market by the Sponge place.




It could be that %26#39;world market%26#39; or %26#39;Pier 1%26#39; type store on Duval. I can%26#39;t remember the name, lots of incense, tie dye wraps, paper lanterns, etc.. I know they have lots of hand carved items and I%26#39;ve purchased many carved but unpainted cats there.




Looking at the pic you can see the Conch Train in the back ground and what appears to be The bottom part of the building that Roof Top Cafe is in.





I%26#39;m guessing this is the cart market across from Roof Top Cafe.





I love picture quizes : )




We are hot on the trail - appreciate it



Blue water -'; I THINK those are in the open air market by the Sponge place. ';



i really do appreciate your delving into this but - I DON%26#39;T KNOW WHERE THE SPONGE PLACE IS - should i ask bob? lol




The sponge place is over near Mallory Sq. I am not good with my road names etc in KW. I think it%26#39;s the same open market Flattop is talking about. I also don%26#39;t know where the Tin Roof place is, but I think it%26#39;s across from the Sponge Mart.



Even though I live close by, I don%26#39;t know Key Wests that well.




BO - when you see the sponge place you%26#39;ll go ';oh, yeah, now I remember';



Or is this your first trip to Key West?




Check out this guide. It has the sponge market on Wall.





trolleytours.com/key-west/images/key-west-fl鈥?/a>




blu h20 ---- inagural trip


  • facebook.com
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment