Thursday, April 19, 2012

how much stock in weather reports

My husband and I are making our first trip to Anna Maria Sept. 27th, renting a condo right on the beach. We are lover%26#39;s of Ft. Myers Beach and thought to give Anna Maria a try. We usually don%26#39;t travel to FL this early. We%26#39;re from N. IN and like it to cool off at home first but I had to take advantage of some unbelievable airfares!! Now, my questions. I%26#39;ve been tracking the weather - I guess to drive me nuts - but there have been thunderstorms, isolated or scattered for the last 2 weeks and for the next 10 days - the same. If the weather reporting is as accurate as here at home, I guess I shouldn%26#39;t worry but is it just that time of year that AMI has thunderstorms on a daily basis? We don%26#39;t need perfect weather, just not rain every day. We wanted AMI for the walks on the beach and being outdoors. Thanks



how much stock in weather reports


We have actually had a couple of gray days this past week, but definitely not all day rain. Today is drizzle off and on, but from experience this is a great time to walk the beach. The wildlife is out and having fun, and the drizzle keeps you cool. Don%26#39;t worry, you are probably right about the forecasts. Around here, 40% means 4 of 10 streets MAY see a couple of minutes of rain. Only if it%26#39;s 90% do you need to carry an umbrella.



how much stock in weather reports


Thank you Kris. I see this morning%26#39;s skies are clear and 74 degrees, with chances of the usual thunderstorms. My Mom spends her winters in Ft. Myers and she says the same. We%26#39;ll see they%26#39;re having thunderstorms and she%26#39;ll say they%26#39;re not. We%26#39;re looking forward to our first trip there! Four more days!!!!




Annie-Mae, summertime in Florida means it%26#39;s likely you%26#39;ll have a 45-minute thunderstorm in the late afternoon or early evening -- conveniently about the time you realize you%26#39;ve had enough sun, and that it%26#39;s time for a shower, a nap, an adult libation, or any or all of the above.





After the rain, the evenings are much cooler and very pleasant.





But yes, there is often rain every day.




Thank you too Sunshine! Sounds like a good vacation to me!!


  • blue eyeshadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment