Thursday, April 19, 2012

Swimming in January

Hey all,

I am heading to Orlando between Jan 26th - Feb 2nd. My GF and I both love to swim and I%26#39;ve heard are all the pools are heated.

Am I kidding myself by thinking I%26#39;ll be able to swim???

Swimming in January

bump

Swimming in January

Obviously weather permitting but you should be ok. Have been to Disney in November, December and early Jan and have been able to use the pool every time. Obviously this is not possible every day due to the fluctuation in the weather but most days the temp is in the 70s so you should have no problems using a heated pool.

In fact some of the pools in Disney are so warm you can stay in them well into the evening. Just a tad chilli when you have to get out.

Where are you staying?


I am not exactly sure where I am staying...I am trying for either of the Hilton Grand Vacation Clubs, but if they don%26#39;t work out I%26#39;ll be staying at one of the better hotels along I Drive.

I don%26#39;t plan on doing tons of swimming, but I%26#39;d like to use the hotel pool in the evenings and then of course there are the ';splash'; rides...like Journey to Atlantis, Dudley Do Right Falls, Splash Mountain...etc. I also would like to spend some time at Wet N Wild.


Most pools are heated and being IN the pool will be fine. But the air might be chilly so keep your robe nearby.


I checked the average temperature and it%26#39;s anywhere from 10 degrees celcius to 20 degrees celcius...so taking the average of 15 degrees celcius and heated pools, swimming should be no problem.

Thanks everyone :)


Heading to Orlando Jan20-27 and plan on staying at Marriott%26#39;s Grande Vista. I planed on using the pool a couple days while my wife was of at her conference. Anyone know if Marriott%26#39;s Grande Vista pools are heated?


You%26#39;ll be swimming every day. We spend every Christmas in Sarasota on the Gulf Coast. ..about 100 miles south of Orlando. We always have at least a couple of swims in the sea (It%26#39;s obligatory on New Years Day)

The pools are heated......if the temperature drops below luke warm the locals object and the temperature is turned up....and in the evening its often balmy with clear dark skies. Amazing.

We have learnt to ignore the Floridians who call us the Polar Bear Club but having swum in the Atlantic off the coast of Ireland, the Gulf of Mexico is a bath...even in December!


I agree dublin...I grew up swimming in the Bay of Fundy, which is fed by the Atlantic Ocean.

I am really looking forward to going in January now...all the activities with none of the crowds! :)


Don%26#39;t know if you are too serious as swimmers to enjoy water parks but we find in Dec/January if the temperatures drop below 70 , Wet and Wild....the water park on International Drive.... is virtually empty. We have often had the place almost to ourselves. Even at low temperatures, as long as the skies are clear, by 11 am its warm enough to sun b athe and the water is perfect.The Florida sun, even in January, packs a punch.

  • parameter order
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment