Saturday, April 21, 2012

Return

does any one else get to a point where the same old food you eat @ home gets unappealing,and you just don%26#39;t think a meal will satisfy you until you get to eat @ your favorite place in Destin?



We don%26#39;t have many seafood places in Memphis-tons of catfish and too many B-B Q places,very limited seafood ;so sad.



Besides the Beach Therapy(which begins when I roll down the window to pay the toll on the mid-bay bridge and smell the salt in the air) returning to the favorite dining spots makes the trip(S) special.



We usually make 2 trips a yr,do the deep sea fishing and big kahuna/track deal 4 the kids and spend way too much $ shoppin and playin golf,but sittin down as a family @ a restaurant with good food and a view of the sunset really puts a cherry on top of a great day in paradise! Wouldn%26#39;t you agree? I%26#39;d love to hear back about favorite eating places or areas in %26amp; around Destin I might have overlooked I%26#39;ve got 20+ yrs of watchin Destin grow so let me hear from you! ! I look forward to the replies ! less than 2 weeks til Blast Off !!



Return


If you want good seafood, nothing fancy, and you want to watch the sunset, I suggest Dewey Destin Seafood. Right on the water. VERY casual.



Return


The places that usually get less-than-favorable reviews here are the ones that are a must for us during a Destin visit. I don%26#39;t totally agree with those opinions, so lunches (usually) are a priority at 1) Crab Trap 2) Pompano Joe%26#39;s!!! 3) Harbor Docks and 4) Lucky Snapper (to watch the harbor and boat activity ... while trying to forget that Emerald Grande is there). But my absolute favorite casual place in Destin is on my balcony/patio where I can sip the favored beverage of the day and then eat a semi-convenience food dinner from our kitchen and linger over a piece of key lime pie. Hmmmmm..........




I don%26#39;t read much about it, but we love the The Lighthouse. The staff their is always friendly and we like the food. With 187 days until Spring Break (isn%26#39;t that depressing!) I would give anything to eat a peanut butter and jelly while sitting under a beach umbrella.

No comments:

Post a Comment