Thursday, April 19, 2012

Where's the tele?

Just read in another topic no seat back TV%26#39;s on Excel planes, is this right?

We are going to Orlando on Feb 2nd, booked through TDC and flying out of Manchester.

Kids not gonna be impressed with that!!!!!!

Andy

Where's the tele?

The %26#39;budget on a shoestring%26#39; airlines are exactly that.

My father in law was looking into a Vegas trip. %26#39;My Travel%26#39; I think, so not sure of the carrier, but the meal service was extra, drinks (allegedly INCLUDING water) extra - bearing in mind you can%26#39;t take liquids through security for US flights.

After takeoff, you can usually use small electrical items like iPods,iPaqs, handheld games, so if you have these it shouldn%26#39;t be a problem - as long as you aren%26#39;t disturbing fellow passengers (ie use headphones!!)

Can%26#39;t speak for Excel as I have no direct experience, but try seatguru or airlineseatguide who both have info on in-flight facilities, seat pitch and recommendations for a number of carriers and aircraft types.

Where's the tele?

It depends on what class you are travelling in. If you are in economy there are no personal appliances. If you are in XL ONE (Boeing767) you get an individual hand held entertainment appliance to watch movies/play games. If you are in premium (Airbus A330) you get a personal entertainment appliance.

Even if you are in economy they do have a number of personal TVs which you can hire for 拢10 each. You%26#39;ll have to ask as you board.

Also just a note re liquids. The previous poster said that you cannot take liquids through security and have to buy water on cheaper flights. Well it is correct that you can%26#39;t take more than 100ml through security but once you have cleared security you can take whatever you have purchased after security on board including drinks. The exception being if you are travelling to Australia.

This doesn%26#39;t affect TCD anyway as they provide free drinks throughout the flight.

Have a good trip.


Hi Andy.

I really wish I could help you.

I have a vast knowledge on most subjects and people on this site and so, so many others look on me as a Father Figure.

However, this time I have to admit to defeat.

You see when I board a flight I am always ushered to my left. Therefore, what goes on at the other end of the plane I do not have a clue. (My wife likes to call it the Kop End, for whatever reason)

Would one be able to take on a Lap Top? If so, your kids could sit together and watch a movie that way.

I do understand your dilemma. My children are under 10 and both me and the wife worry terribly when we are sat in first class and they are on there own in carriage. So my heart does go out to you.

I would look into the laptop or a small DVD player. I think ASDA (I believe it鈥檚 a large store or something) sells these things for a very good rate.

It maybe worth the investment.

Vinny


I will never ever again, in my lifetime, take my kids on a long haul flight without a seatback tV or similar. Period.

Taking twins (age 7) once on Delta in 2002 to cincinati w/o them was a nightmare (we%26#39;d never flown them before and assumed they had them like the other airlines). Every 15 mins for 9 hours it was how much longer, etc? they had a movie playing on the overhead- Gosford Park if you can believe it. I mean, it%26#39;s a good adult film, but not something to amuse families on a 9 hour flight. Or maybe even some adults.

Pay extra and go scheduled, or get a charter flight that gives you good perks.

If you%26#39;ve booked and can%26#39;t change, get a personal DVD player with long battery life (or extra batteries) as the seats don%26#39;t have a power jack in cattle class. And bring MP3 players, PSP%26#39;s, Nintendo DS%26#39;s -anything to help.


Vinny

An elder statesm,an and one post in the last 12 months and it has to be a very condecending one at that and not at all helpful !!!!!!

whats the point of posting drivel like that ????


I thought I was most helpful.

PS. Smurf. Bad health prevented me from coming on to my favorite site. If that is any of your business.


Toshiba black Mini DVD Player

拢45.19

ASDA.


But what%26#39;s the battery life or can you buy extras ;-)


The batteries on these things are usually very good. They will last the full duration of the flight.

We always take ours away with us and a few DVDs.

We went on a 4 hour flight last year and my boys took a DS and mini DVD player.

On a 7 hour flight without a TV screen I think you should really invest in one. To be honest I would be buying one for myself as well.

It drove me mad on the 4 hour flight. I have to say I was so bored.


The 4 hour flight was to Europe last year

  • windows media player
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment