Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ruth's Chris - Orlando

Does anyone have an opinion to share about this steakhouse?





I have had mostly great experiences at this restaurant in other states, but I%26#39;m wondering if anyone has any feedback on this particular location? We%26#39;re considering it for an anniversary dinner.





Thanks in advance for any input.



Ruth's Chris - Orlando


Never eaten at the Orlando one but the one here in Sarasota is just as delicious as the one in San Diego was. It%26#39;s a great place and I don%26#39;t think you could go wrong with it anywhere.





Tip! We went there for our anniversary a couple of months ago, and when I made the online reservations, it gave me a choice to say if it was for an anniversary or not. I checked the box and we got a free yummy chocolate dessert cake thingy after our meal!



Ruth's Chris - Orlando


It was nice, but to tell you the truth, the fillet mignon (what I always order out) was much better at Charlies. They have one on 192 and also I Drive. To me, the atmosphere is more romantic at Ruth Chris%26#39; but the food is better at Charlies. Just my opinion.




When we go on vacation we avoid ';chain '; restaurants. Not because they are bad, but rather when away we would like to try the local spots, one of which should be superior to Ruth%26#39;s Chris. If you don%26#39;t mind a trip to WDW the California Grill consistently serves up great food, steaks included.




TBB





When we were at the Scottsdale retsaurant a couple of years ago the wine waiter comes along and offers us mineral water - ';Sparkling or still sir?';.





I had not ordered this and was hopping mad when we were charged $10 per bottle for imported Italian water.





It was a very slick operation and I complained to the head office on my return home.





Have you come across this on your visits to the other restaurants in this chain? It might have been a one-off ';local initiative';




Thanks for the feedback.





I will remember to mention it%26#39;s our anniversary if we make a reservation @ RC%26#39;s.





We have been to Charlie%26#39;s (once) and I agree the food was great. We%26#39;ll likely eat there again, but probably not for our anniversary.





I will look into the California Grill. I wasn%26#39;t planning to have any sit down meals in WDW, but I%26#39;ll take any suggestions I can get.





I%26#39;ve eaten at Ruth%26#39;s half a dozen times in 4 different states and I%26#39;ve never felt like anyone tried to take advantage. In fact, the server has almost always encouraged us to order less food/share portions to keep the bill down and leftovers to a minimum. I usually order a San Pellegrino with dinner, so I know they%26#39;re going to put it on the bill. It%26#39;s disappointing to hear they didn%26#39;t explain that before pouring at the Scottsdale location.

No comments:

Post a Comment