Thursday, April 12, 2012

Trip Report 9/16-9/21

I will post my TR soon, had wonderful time. Started my TR earlier, but hit the power botton by mistake and now my luch is almost over. Be back soon.



Trip Report 9/16-9/21


We arrived at midnight Sunday at the Hollywood Beach Marriott because I booked the 9 pm flight instead of the 9 am flight, so we missed 1/2 day on the beach. My conference lasted 2 1/2 days. On Monday, my wife went on the spouses tour and went to Hard Rock and lost $100, then the driver took them to Miami Beach, Miami, and around Hollywood. They had a late lunch in Coconut Grove. After the conference, we went walking along the broadwalk and ran into a few peolpe from the conference and went out with them for dinner as my wife went back to the hotel since she had a late lunch. We ate at a Mexican place the meal was good.





Tuesday, my wife and other spouces went on a cruise in Ft Lauderdale. We had dinner at the conference banquet.





Wednesday was a half day for me, so we rented a car and drove to Ft Lauderdale and the Hard Rock and ate lunch at the HR cafe. My wife gamble again and won $200. Afterwards we went to Young%26#39;s Circle and visited the park and looked at the baobab (sp?) trees, they were magnificent. We went back to the hotel and spent the rest of the time on the beack. For dinner, we walked down to Rick%26#39;s bar and Grill, the food was average at best but there was a steel drummer there playing which was nice.





Thursday was my eco-day. We started off going to Bilie%26#39;s Swamp safari at the Seminole reservation. A bit of a disappointment. The airboat ride was cool, but the area is mostly farmland. We did see a few gators, but also bison, water buffalo, ostrich, cows, and feral pigs. Not my idea of a swamp tour. I talked my wife into going down to the Everglades. So we drove to the HQ near Homestead. We weren%26#39;t sure if we were going to drive the 38 miles to Flamingo, but we ran into a ranger who said it was worth it and there was a 2 hour boat ride at 3:30. We went there and took the tour. Very cool. saw my first Amer croc and a couple of ospry in the mangroves. The Everglades were very cool and I would reccommend it highly. I would take my airboat ride somewhere else than Billie%26#39;s. We ate at an Applebees in Homestead before taking Hwy 1 back to Hollywood. Would have liked to see the Orange Bowl, but Texas A %26amp; M was getting their butts kicked by the %26#39;Canes and it was dark.





Our last day on friday, my wife went to the spa at the hotel for a pedicure %26amp; manicure while I walked up and down the broadwalk and beach. Afterwards, we went to the adventura mall,boring, but did eat lunch at the Cheescake Factory, very good. Then went down A1A through South Beach. Need to spend time there next timee, looks like a cool place. We then went to the airport. There were thunderstorms in the area, so we flew south around Key Largo and back over the Everglades which was cool to see from the air.





The End



Trip Report 9/16-9/21


Thanks for the TR. I%26#39;m staying at the same place as you did the end of October for a day. Looking forward to checking out the area even though my time will be limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment