Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tipping Housekeeping

Has anyone had the foresight to leave Housekeeping a healthy tip at the start of their vacation? If so, was it worth it? what sort of extra treats did you get? (please, no innuendo%26#39;s!!)



Tipping Housekeeping


Hello woffer,



We%26#39;ve found it best to leave $3-5 a day as the maids can change daily. I leave a note if I need ';extras'; and have never been let down yet!



Tipping Housekeeping


Woffer,



I always do the pre-tip thing, because I worked summers as a hotel maid growing up in California. I don%26#39;t know if the great service we often get is due to that or because we stay in nice places. Even if it doesn%26#39;t make a difference, it feels good to do it.




For Disney, I make up a bunch of envelopes addressed to Mousekeeping (that%26#39;s what they call it) and put a $5 in each one. For something exceptional, I%26#39;ll add a nice note as well, and occasionally a few extras.




at the crowne plaza hotel justoff the drive we had a polish lady, who was called alena, she was lovely, we befriended her, because like her i too was a chalet maid for a ski company over twenty years ago and it wasnt so much the tips but the fact that the clients acknowledged you first as a human and second as a employee, at no point are they servants, and this is my rule, she was an absolute gem, and we brightened eachothers days up with our genuine pleasantries, we talked about her home and her family in brief and yes we gave her a good tip on our departure$50, which i think is fair for 14 days.





i remember the clients in our lodges and chalets it was always the slick smoochers that left nothing and the ones who passed genuine pleasantries that left a generous tip, out of kindness not just because they had to.




I never tip at a hotel. Ever.




it must be lonely in your tent!!




You are so right Floridavirgin! It is always the one%26#39;s who have everything that seem to give the least. In my opinion, that%26#39;s how they get it! lol!.



Without sounding cynical, as an English inhabitant, not as accustomed to tipping as my good American friends, i can%26#39;t help thinking that the Hotel and Restaurant chains are very shrewd indeed. I mean, they pay incredible low wages, like $2 an hour, and then get the likes of me and you to pay the rest of their wage!





In the Uk, most would get our ';national minimum wage';, which would convert to round about $9 per hour, and uk customer service is mostly terrible!! weird uh?




ca vol...............................



I should have rephrased the question- has anyone never left a tip. ever at a Hotel??????????????????????????????????????




Actually, most Americans do not tip housekeeping. I don%26#39;t know anyone who does.




Oh, and maids at hotels do not get paid $2 an hour. Only servers at restaurants get paid low and not that low.





Housekeepers get at least minimum wage, if not more.

No comments:

Post a Comment