Sunday, April 15, 2012

The lure is as strong as ever

My wife and I have been to Orlando twice in the past 2 years and 4 times in total. After our latest trip in August,my wife stated she wanted to go somewhere different next year and I agreed, there is a whole world to explore out there! We decided on a tour of Italy, a place we both dearly want to see and subsequently booked hotels in Venice, Florence and Rome, the flights will be booked later when they become available. The problem is this, I cannot stay away from this forum and the fact that the money we are spending on the Italy holiday, could be spent on another trip to Orlando/ Florida. I don%26#39;t seem to be able to get enough of the place. Am I the only one to feel this way or do others have the same feelings.



Ste.



The lure is as strong as ever


YES YES YES!!! i love the usa, the people, the ';have a nice day'; even if they dont mean it!! HOWEVER i have been to milan and venice and it is stunning.... it was a place i had never wanted to go, i only went to see a friend but i loved it. i hope you have a great time



The lure is as strong as ever


you will have a great time in Italy , it is really nice to know other places. But Orlando, for me, is THE special place in the whole world...have fun...




Wow, I really love reading posts people from other countries write. It really makes me feel good that some people from ';across the pond'; like our country. I have always been one of those people that say ';Hi'; to complete strangers and wish people well....and truly mean it. It is refreshing to go to Orlando and see such happy people,.people not in a big hurry...and people just enjoying life. Families spending time together that will be remembered forever........I think that is what the lure for many is.




my husband surprised me with a trip to Venice 2 years ago for my birthday..I had only ever seen it on T.V and i can honestly say it was perfect. we hired a car and went out and about, stayed in a beautiful hotel and had an adults only 5 days without the kids. very romantic. .



The lifestyle they have there is so relaxing.Where else can you drink wine at 10 in the morning with your pastry.When in Rome as they say.lol



i thoroughly recommend it,



Enjoy it when it comes round.



Angie




you can always come back and get your orlando fix on here you will be more than welcome




We had flights booked to go to Tuscany in September but we ended up going back to Orlando for the second time this year, it was actually cheaper to go to Florida so I totally understand where you are coming from. However I have been to Florence and Venice and I am going to Rome this weekend, Italy is beautiful but it is an entirely different holiday from Florida. I was like you, I wanted to go back to Florida as I just love it, we just got back on Saturday and we had a great time. Think very hard about this one as Italy will not be a cheap holiday for you. You don%26#39;t want to spend all that money then come back and say well I enjoyed it but it wasn%26#39;t Florida....



I was in the exact same dilemma as you and Florida won!



Good luck and happy planning.




no matter where i go florida is the ONLY place for me.Just be aware of the italian drivers




I have also been twice and I know exactly how you feel. I absolutely long to go back, I can%26#39;t stop reading the posts on this site, but I can%26#39;t imagine being able to afford it again for a very long time and by that time my son will be too old to come with me and I fear I would look foolish on my own.



Anyway fear not I will not give up all hope and I pray that if I scan this forum long enough I may find both cheap flights and accomodation not easy when you live in Ireland as there is very little choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment