Thursday, April 12, 2012

Review of August Trip

I have no clue where the time goes. I can%26#39;t believe it%26#39;s been a month since we left Daytona. We were there August 4th leaving the morning of the 18th.





Our family flew down this year- first flight for a couple of my children. We flew into Orlando International and really have no complaints. I am hoping we can do so again next year. We went through Dollar Rental for our rental and again, no complaints. We actually got a wonderful deal - $395.00 for an intermediate SUV for two weeks.





Daytona as usual was beautiful. We stayed at the Grand Seas Resort on the northern end of the beach. They claim to be a 5 star resort - they are not - and if that%26#39;s what you are looking for - don%26#39;t stay here because you will not like it. However, it%26#39;s a great family resort and my kids really enjoy it. We love the fact that they have a tiki bar, 3 pools, minature golf and a little park. They also have kids activities and specials many days of the week - e.g. $1.00 hot dogs or for one hour - free snow cones. You do end up paying for everything but it%26#39;s pretty reasonable. Ordering from their restaurant and eating at the pool is great too. The only downside is everything closes so early. The first night we were there we wanted to check out the resort and decided at about 9pm to walk around - everything was closed - the tiki bar, restaurants etc.





The only rain we had was one afternoon slight drops with some thunder. It lasted less than a minute and you never had to leave the pool. Otherwise - sunny and hot - just the way we like it. The kids spent a lot of time in the ocean this year.





We did do the Magic Kingdom one day. We left at 7am and got back at 1am. We also went on a Tuesday and were able to see everything we wanted to see - I have never been able to do that at Disney. We were able to go to Monsters, Inc, Buzz Lightyear, the grand prix, tea cups, GE, Winnie the Pooh, Snow White, It%26#39;s a Small World, Presidents, Jungle Cruise, Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Swiss Family, It%26#39;s a Small World, Mickey%26#39;s Phil(?), the fireworks and the parade. I probably forgot something else. But as you can see - we saw a lot.





However, most of our time was spent in Daytona - on the beach or at the pool. Disney was our only major outing in the two weeks we were down there. We did go to the Flea Market - did a little bit of shopping at the Mall. But really didn%26#39;t see too much. We weren%26#39;t interested - we only wanted the beach.





I took over an hour walk everyday on the beach. It was beautiful. We ate at Aunt Catfish%26#39;s one night and Carribean Jack%26#39;s another. Carribean Jack%26#39;s was really really good. My hubby had some fried basket combo and I had shrimp linguini. They were great. Also tried my first Bahama Mama - that too was good. Aunt Catfish%26#39;s was just okay this time around - usually we really love it. I had crab legs - but they were really fishy - so I didn%26#39;t end up eating much of them. We took the kids to Charlie Horses - we love that place. I just love their steak salad. My hubby loves their buffalo wings. My kids love Moe%26#39;s Restaurant in Ormond - it%26#39;s just a Mexican Chain - but the closest one to us here in Wisconsin is over an hour%26#39;s drive. So we went there several times to appease the kids.





We really enjoyed our two weeks in Daytona as we usually do. I can%26#39;t wait for our trip next year.



Review of August Trip


You sound like us, we enjoy the beach so much that others things don%26#39;t appeal to us as much. We did MG year before last one day and LOVED the night parade, ityis an easy drive from DB. Denny%26#39;s close to Bellair Plaza on A1A stays open all night. We usually get to DB late too when we fly to Orlando and drive over and end up eating there because as you say everything else is closed. Sounds like you had a blast and I am glad you got to go and returned safely.



punz



should have got your crab legs at Charlie Horse, LOL.



Review of August Trip


Punz - next year I think I will try those crab legs at Charlie Horses%26#39;...but their house salad with steak and blue cheese dressing is just so good. I guess instead of going to Aunt Catfish%26#39;s we can always go to Charlie Horses twice.





Oh by the way, I did go to Zeno%26#39;s. We didn%26#39;t make it this year to Cowlicks (but we lived at Cowlicks last year). Zeno%26#39;s was very good. If I had to pick one though - I don%26#39;t think I could. I did buy some taffy for my sister and I think my dog ate it. I can%26#39;t seem to find it...LOL!! We also bought some of the rock candy - but that%26#39;s gone too...LOL!!




stub,



All these things you talk about just make me want to go back even worse, whaaaa



punz

No comments:

Post a Comment