Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Need advice about choosing a week in February!

I am in the process of booking a week long trip to DW with my 7 year old daughter. It will be the first visit for both of us. I am debating on whether I want to plan the trip for 2nd week in February or the 1st week in March. The 2nd week in February is cheaper by about $400, but I am concerned that the weather will be too cold. I am not worried about being able to swim, we have a pool at home, however I am worried that it would be too cold during the day to really enjoy the parks. Would the first week in March be that big of a difference? Are my chances of shorter lines greater in February? Any advice any of you could offer would be much appreciated!! Thanks!!!



Need advice about choosing a week in February!


First two weeks in Feb. might be a bit chilly at night, we were there this past Feb and one night it was below 40 but during the day it was in the 70%26#39;s. Crowds will be alot lower then they will be after Presidents week, for sure. I don%26#39;t think the temps will be that much warmer the First week of March and there will be Spring Breakers arriving by then. If I were to base things on crowd levels, I%26#39;d go with beginning of Feb. Lower Rates is a nice bonus :)



Need advice about choosing a week in February!


This year or next year? Presidents Day is what you have to watch out for, that week many northern schools are out and it is a busy time. Feb. is a great time to go, you just want to avoid president Week.




Thanks!



2008 is when we would go and would start our vacation on Friday Feb. 8th and end on Friday the 15th. I assume I would be safe from the Presidents%26#39; day (Feb. 18th) crowd? That would be the following week, right?




Yes, the following week is Presidents Week. Presidents Day is on the 18th. I also agree about going in February. The parks will be excellent in terms of crowds, you will be leaving just before the huge crowds will begin! The weather should not be too cold. It should be in the 60s and low 70s all day, and it would get colder at night.




Forgive me for partially hijacking the thread, but if your choices were which of the last 2 weeks to choose, which would you recommend? The schedule works better for the 3rd week (16th - 23rd), but I%26#39;m thinking crowds would be worse than the last week.




The third week in 2008 will be president%26#39;s week- a schoole holiday for many kids in the northern us. This is a very crowded time to visit, I would go the 2nd or 4th week.




That week will work out perfectly! We visisted the week prior to President%26#39;s day and had a wonderful time! The crowds were very low, and the Valentine%26#39;s Day fireworks were beautiful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment