Sunday, April 15, 2012

Regatta or Dunes Best Location & Amenities??

We are planning a special Christmas beach vacation with our 2 grown daughters %26amp; have decided on a condo rather than La Playa or Ritz Carlton but would like the beach service that Dunes seems to offer as well as easy access to local restaurants %26amp; shopping that Regatta appears to offer.





We need 3 bedrooms %26amp; 3 baths, easy access to beach, pool, gym/workout center.





So, my question, which of these would you recommend OR, is there another option that I%26#39;ve missed.



Thanks so much for any opinions.





Regatta or Dunes Best Location %26amp; Amenities??


Hi Jackpot64,





Since I live Naples I have never stayed in these places so I can%26#39;t judge based on the place itself however, location wise I would choose the Regatta because it%26#39;s walking distance to Vanderbilt Beach. There is also a few restaurants within walking distance. DuRaMa being one and the Turtle Club the other. They do have a fitness center and pool on the grounds as well.





Now, there are also other options. Right on the beach is Vanderbilt Beach Resort which has condo units across the street. This hotel is where the Turtle Club Restaurant is located. I don%26#39;t think they have a fitness center, however. The plus for this hotel is that they are right on the beach.





Another option is Bellasera. This hotel is not located on the beach but is very beautiful and offers lovely 3 bedroom units with all the hotel amenities you%26#39;ll need including a gym, spa services and an on site restaurant. It is steps from downtown Naples which is the best area for dining choices, shopping or for a nice lounge. They offer shuttle service to the beach so you don%26#39;t have to drive if you don%26#39;t want to.





I%26#39;ve posted the websites below. I hope this helps!





Annette





vanderbiltbeachresort.com/accomodations.asp





bellaseranaples.com/…



Regatta or Dunes Best Location %26amp; Amenities??


Annette,



Thank you Soooo much! You%26#39;ve saved us from being so far from where we wanted to be.





I think we%26#39;ll now play it safe %26amp; stay at La Playa. Again I thank you for taking the time to reply.



Lydia




My pleasure Lydia. Glad I could help. Enjoy your trip!




Hi, Jackpot,





Access in and out of The Dunes is always problematic, no matter what time of year. The Regatta is very close to LaPlaya and would be my preference. Please note that Bellasera is not on the beach, but about 1.1 miles away.





Another place to consider is Naples Cay. I%26#39;ve posted about them before. Take a look at %26lt;http://tinyurl.com/26remn%26gt;. This condo is right on the beach, within walking distance of The Naples Grande (fka The Registry) and centrally located.





Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment