Thursday, April 12, 2012

Daytona Withdrawls

Time for another visit; we usually go to the Oceanwalk every summer for a week but had a bad car accident in Feb on our way to the mountains , hubby and I looking to escape without the kids for a few days in October. Looking for a hotel; something cheaper than Oceanwalk, it%26#39;s been rough the past several months because of the accident but I need a break. Any suggestions, haven%26#39;t stayed in any hotels there in several years.



Daytona Withdrawls


So sorry about your accident and glad to hear your family is doing okay. The only hotel we have stayed in was Tropical Winds for only a couple of days in June. The room was fine, could use a little paint in the bathroom other than that clean. We had a King room and had a south view. A fridge and microwave was in the room and I think some rooms are efficencies ( I would have gotten oceanfront had we been staying longer). They have an indoor pool and a little grill that has breakfast and lunch. The pool deck is nice and easy access to the beach. The rate on orbitz was cheaper than on the hotel website, so I called and the manager met the orbitz rate.





Punz enjoys La Playa and has good things to say about there. I would think you could find just about anything at a good rate in October maybe even Ocean Walk! Good luck.



Daytona Withdrawls


I too am sorry about your accident and hope things go better for you. We used to stay at the Acaulpulco Inn in the Shores until Hurricane Charley - at a matter of fact we were there during that storm. It%26#39;s been updated and I hear it%26#39;s really nice. I have no clue on the price but it%26#39;s on the quieter end of the beach and we always enjoyed our stay. Stay away from Castaways. Bad bad experience. My parents stayed at the LaPlaya and so did my brother - all good comments and in a good area. I hope you have a wonderful and well deserved break!!




We, too always stayed at the Acapulco. We stayed there for many years but this last visit we rented a condo. I would certainly recommend the Acapulco.




Hey Love - we started staying in a hotelcondo - we love it so much better - lots more room and you spend less. We used to book a kitchenette at the Acapulco and then book an adjoining room (I have four kids) but booking a 2-bedroom hotelcondo - saves us money

No comments:

Post a Comment