Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Paradise Beach Resort just closed....very very sad.....

My wife and I have been staying there for the last 10 years every Febuary and just got a call canceling our reservations.Very sad how this once quaint area has changed . Im sure another high rise will be there replacing it.Damn shame !!

Paradise Beach Resort just closed....very very sad.....

I%26#39;m so sorry you got that bad news. To be honest I didn%26#39;t care for the place at all, but you seem to have enjoyed your stays there. There are so many condo highrises now being built and the market here is so soft, that I%26#39;m hoping someone may actually build a real good old fashioned hotel there- which I think Pompano Beach needs. I guess other than Beachcomber ( which has issues too at times) and the Fairfield RoyalVista ( a time share rental) I don%26#39;t know where I%26#39;d feel good placing my own relatives if they were coming to Pompano ( which is what I think about when making suggestions to strangers).

I haven%26#39;t been up that way in a while- but that awful Ramada near it that shut down is still sitting there deserted I%26#39;m pretty sure- that whole area will get pretty depessing- I hope Beachcomber isn%26#39;t next!

Paradise Beach Resort just closed....very very sad.....

The place was not nearly as bad as some made it sound. 100% of the complainers made their reservations via internet discount fare.Cheap price and you got a cheap internet room.Their room was $69 and faced the parking lot.My room was $169 and was directly on the beach.Just about all of the hotels have what they refer to as ';internet rooms'; Same as always,you get what you pay for !! I used to see these people all the time complaining and wanting to switch rooms and not pay the upcharge.I guess we will try the Fairfield Royal Vista a few steps up the road or the Beachcomber.I can seem to get much info on Fairfield,not even a phone #.I guess I will do a posting. That stretch of road must be really depressing now with all of the closed up place right there.


Since it is a timeshare there is some sort of website that takes their rental bookings and I can never remember it, but I%26#39;ll be seeing a friend who works for HR for Wyndham and I will ask her in a few days in case you haven%26#39;t found it by then.


Mulligan- Have you ever driven by that little Canada House complex- a bit north of Atlantic Blvd? Some folks seem to like it as well- and their ';East'; buliding is on the sand- ';West'; is across the street.


Thanks !! I have only seen their website and it did not look to me like they were on the ocean.I will take another look. Our main requirement is that we stay on the ocean.Thanks again Lulutoo


This site tells you which unit numbers face the Ocean

http://www.canadahouse.us/unittypes.htm


I know you will wince at this, but it might be time to look into buying a unit at one of the many T/Ss on the Pompano Beach. ( I mean ON THE BEACH, not the Palm Aire Wyndham

Canada House, Lighthouse Point and even some in LBTS have been listed on e bay by the post card companies.

Just go to e bay, and in the search, note the city ( Pompano Beach Timeshare)

(Do it with Ft Lauderdale, with Deerfield, Boca, Hollywood, Delray even Palm BEach if you don%26#39;t mind driving that far.

The old Radission on PAlm Beach Shores is now a T/S and has many $1.00 weeks....but units are small...and maint is said to be high)

Watch carefully the weeks. There are good weeks that they list at one dollar and a closing fee. If it is a fixed week, you will get that week everyear, as long as you pay maint fees...( usually below $800 a week)

You may even find Wyndham Santa Barbara for $1.00....which was both Gold Star %26amp; Gold Crown before Wilma and is a sister resort to the Royal Vista ( They share facilities).

Be leary of points...if you want to go to the same place most of the time, you will not need points....and Wyndham has tried to convert everyone in the olf Vacation Break T/Ss to points for quite a charge....includes PAlm Aire, Santa Barbara, Royal Vista ( but does most trading via II...which does not even have a points system), Sea Gardens/Royal Palm.

IF anyone in your family is a governemnt worker or retired, you can try these sites for $329 weeks;

www.getravelop.com

www.veteransholidays.com (for all US %26amp; CA vets)

www.afvclub.com

all above are RCI ( Wyndham is a sister company of RCI)

www.govarm.com is Interval...much better units and trading places .com

You can also look for rentals on www.redweek.com and www.myresortnetwork.com

BE CAREFUL AND ASK if these rentals are not weeks recieved from an exchange company...which is against the rules.


I forgot to say...the Santa BArbara Wyndham and Hollywood Sands are both still closed since Wilma.

The SB is SUPPOSED to reopen by this Jan...as promised by the management company...( again)


Thanks Ken.I will take a look.When you see a week number listed,is that counted from Jan 1-7th as week one and so on??? Looks like the Beachcomber is our best bet so far.Lulutoo,the Cana da house has a setup where nothing is directly on the beach.At least thats what the link you sent me looked like.Wifey aint going to like that.We have been a little spoiled with walking out our sliding glass door and being 10 steps to the sand.


Interesting! I think I%26#39;m just gonna hafta park in their lot and snoop in back of the building next time I%26#39;m up there. The place calls itself Oceanfront on most websites, but it almost looks in a few candid shots I%26#39;ve seen elsewhere like there might be a little bridge that goes over a small ';barrier island'; and then onto the beach- if so that a new one on me and i%26#39;d like to see it!

I Google mapped it out of curiousity and got a satellite image , but I don%26#39;t really think it is very helpful- hope my ';tiny URL'; works- the original link was too long for TA guidelines

http://tinyurl.com/2pwqbu

  • ie
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment