Thursday, April 19, 2012

Key West Culinary Tour: Friday: Day Six

Friday morning Ruth accompanied me on my ride to Sandy%26#39;s Cafe for our morning cafe con leches. This time we took the coffees and rode to the end of White Street Pier and watched the sunrise. This was probably my favorite moment of this trip. I would definitely recommend you do it at least once.





Went to Alice%26#39;s for brunch. I just wish she offered this dish for breakfast instead of making you wait til 10 am to have it. I ordered the menage a trois, which is three eggs benedict:



Poached Eggs, Herb Breaded Fried Tomato, English Muffin



Topped with Hollandaise, Scallions and Smoked Bacon





Poached Eggs a top of Lump Crab Cakes Topped with Old Bay Hollandaise



Smoked Salmon Benedict



Poached Eggs a top of Smoked Norwegian Salmon Topped with Old Bay Hollandaise





I told the waiter and later Alice herself that it was humanly impossible IMO to make a tastier breakfast. I learned the next day at Pepes, well, maybe not. LOL The two are very close.





Despite the rain, we cycled down to Turtle Kraals to try to take in the Turtle Races and meet some of you at the board meeting. Went up to the Tower Bar and the bartender said Tim and Bruce had moved to SWB. Well, it was hard to get my wife down there in the rain and once I did, she refused to budge. LOL She isn%26#39;t a fan of getting wet.We also had to cancel the only dinner reservations we had made all week, a fountainside table at Michaels. They were gracious about it and actually sounded relieved. They said their courtyard was a mess at present. So I finally got her back to the condo and dried off and redressed and we decided to return to Alice%26#39;s instead. Was I ever glaf! I ordered the dinner I had always anticipated: the passion fruit salad which was huge, even after we split it, also beautiful and delectable; the cuban mojo marinated ostrich served with black coulis and mango salsa; and the tropical fruit shortcake. Ruth and I both decided that after the menage a trois for brunch and this dinner that Alice had taken on the final role of our favorite Key West restaurant.



Key West Culinary Tour: Friday: Day Six


Sorry, should have been day 7 LOL



Key West Culinary Tour: Friday: Day Six


To bad you did not get to the board meeting. I am getting full just reading your report.





PJ




I think I gained 6 lbs reading the culinary reports.





Thanks for the reports. Sounds like you had a good time.




%26lt; I think I gained 6 lbs reading the culinary reports. %26gt;





Me too, I%26#39;m so full I can hardly move! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment