Sunday, April 15, 2012

North Miami beach hotels.....help...?

Hi gang,





We are trying to book a hotel for just a one night stay. We are arriving early evening on a Saturday and will check out around 11am the next day. We are flying into FLL but cruising out of Miami. We have two teenage sons and we all 4 love the beach! We aren%26#39;t necessarity into the ';South Beach'; scene...just a beach. We love to lay out in the sun...swim..etc. We also love to eat!





What recommendations for north Miami Beach does anyone have? Our criteria is first off it has to be CLEAN..! Secondly, no room that is 12 x 12 (we stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay in August and we were literally on top of each other!) Yikes... Also, I have to have a comfortable bed (bad back unfortunately here..). We would prefer a place with a restaurant or at least ones close by. We will have a car so transportation is not an issue. Also a pool would be nice.





I know the above is alot but that is my basic criteria for what I%26#39;m looking for. Its hard when you read thru some of the reviews here. One person gives this hotel a 10 then the next one gives it a 2..:( If you have been there firsthand...give me some feedback. I would so appreciate anything at this point!





good day,



Yzgi %26lt;don%26#39;t be fooled...I am a gal ;)



North Miami beach hotels.....help...?


I don%26#39;t know if you saw my recommendation on the Fort Lauderdale forum, but try Doubletree Ocean Point, my family have been stayingt there for the past five years and they keep going back. It is directly on the beach and very kid friendly pool.



North Miami beach hotels.....help...?


I apologize...I missed your recommendation. I will check it out..thank you!





Yzgi :)




Yzgi%26gt;





Got a budget in mind? There are hotels down the coast from Sunny Isles to South Beach that might suit a family of 4 but the prices vary a lot. Additionally, you can sleep off the shoreline for a great deal less and drive your car to the beach for the day.





For instance, in NMB by the Aventura Mall, there are family friendly motels (Courtyard Inn or Residence Inn) that are close to great shopping and stores and a 2 minute drive to the beach.





In Sunny Isles, check the Ocean Point or the older Newport (both have suite sized rooms with kitchenettes). There is a Doubletree Surfcomber on South Beach or a Hilton Grand Vacation club (2BR suites) on Ocean Drive. www.thestrandoceandrive.com is cool as is Casa Grande or even Villa Paradiso (a converted apartment bldg on Collins).





AG

No comments:

Post a Comment